• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It took two months but I finally finished my Bronco

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Today marked the final day of the build. I took my prepped Bronco to paint. It came out great. It has new floors, undercoated bottom and herculined bed. I found a painter in Chicago that paints cars for about what Maaco charges but he does the job 100 times better. In about two weeks I will install all the items that were prepped for installation. I am waiting for the paint to fully cure. My bronco was painted today. I waited 13 hours for the painter to finish it. He did it in one day. He painted the door inside and out and all the surrounding inner panels. I paid $800. It has several coats of base paint and three coats of clear :) IF you guys live in or around Chicago, and want a professional looking job at an affordable price, I highly recommend this guy. His name is Jay. He owns poorboykustomz. His phone number is 1-312-479-4054. Tell him Max sent you. You won't be disappointed. This guy does it all.

Attachments

• 1st time I saw her.jpg
    1st time I saw her.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 116
  • moto_0720.jpg
    moto_0720.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
Evian

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Here are some more photos of the finished product.

Attachments

• moto_0719.jpg
    moto_0719.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 102
  • moto_0718.jpg
    moto_0718.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 107

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Looks excellent and great job on the price, I really think white halfcabs look awesome. I bought a 66 a few months ago to redo for my wife and am sitting on the fence whether to do it Pearl White or the Blue color of the 78 Bronco in the SyFY show Haven.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Very nice. What all was included in that price? Did he just shoot the paint? Did you do the prep?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Man, I do like the halfcab in white. Looks totally awesome man!! Finished you say? People say its never finished. I know I keep finding things I have to/want to do.

steven1826

2 months

2 months? I'm into my second decade and I'll bet I'm not the only one. And it is never finished until after you have done what you want and then sold it to someone else and started the next unfinished. Then you're done with the first one.
Nice and shiny by the way. Always nice to find a good reasonable shooter.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Man, I do like the halfcab in white. Looks totally awesome man!! Finished you say? People say its never finished. I know I keep finding things I have to/want to do.

Finished? It's NEVER finished!

It's looking REAL good, but they're NEVER finished! :cry:

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
2 months? I'm into my second decade and I'll bet I'm not the only one. And it is never finished until after you have done what you want and then sold it to someone else and started the next unfinished. Then you're done with the first one.
Nice and shiny by the way. Always nice to find a good reasonable shooter.

I second that...

The paint looks fantastic!

OP
OP
Evian

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Guys the paint is a Ford Bronco color. It is called Sierra Beige. It isn't a solid white. It looks more antique white. The price I paid included sanding down the primer and painting around the doors and on both sides of the doors. I did all the body work and I completely primed the Bronco. They sanded it down then they wet sanded it down. I drove the Bronco over with it taillight and side marker lights on. It also had the front and rear bumper on. I removed everything off the Bronco the moment I got there. I wanted every little crevice painted.

I know....I know it is never really finished but at least I can rest a little more now knowing that the hard stuff is over. It is murder finding a good painter in Chicago for a decent price! Most of the big named paint shops do horrible work. They hand over cars with running paint, and with finger prints in the paint. They even paint over directional turn signal covers! If you ask them to paint around the doors and to paint the other side of the door for you, expect to pay an additional $200. Then expect to find your interior painted as well! Now if you really want a professional paint job like this in Chicago from a specialty paint job expect to pay over $2500-$4500, the extras will run you $500-$700 more. The worst part is you will have to wait over two weeks to get it back. Not with Jay, if you already did the bodywork and primed it. He will sand then wet sand the primer, and he will paint it the same day, if you ask him too. The key is you have to get there very early. Jay's shop is 25 miles away from my home and I didn't know the area that well. I am very protective of my vehicles especially the ones I put blood sweat and tears into! Those vehicles I never leave them anywhere over night!

Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Two months. How the f do you guys do this? I am going on 8 years with mine.

Looks good.