• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

finally found a warn but needs work

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
Scored an xd9000i pretty cheap. It is a project as it spools out but not in. Solenoids don't even click. All I find from warn is a whole solenoid kit for $200+. They look like a later model ford starter relay but I'm sure are rated heavier. What else application wise would use this solenoid? Would like to find them local.

JSBX

Contributor
Winch.

Try to Google Waren winch parts or check Ebay. It seems like I saw the solenoid packs somewhere for around 80 bucks.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Try to Google Waren winch parts or check Ebay. It seems like I saw the solenoid packs somewhere for around 80 bucks.

Yup..be be warned (me make pun?) that some of those are junk. I installed an EBay cheapo set in an old Warn 8000; it won't stop pulling when I let go the switch. I have to disconnect power to get the relay to unlatch. Obviously a relay missing a flyback diode.%)

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Yes you can. Try to find a local alt/starter rebuilder, old time shop and you can get individual solenoids that will work. A Ford diesel pulls lots of amps and should work.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
I ended up finding the correct warn part # and ordered them. Gonna run about $50 for a pair. I'll have $350 in it.not too bad for an xd9000i. Based on serial number, its the newest generation.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
Finally had a few minutes to tear into it. The winch had a wire unhooked and one bad/wrong/different solenoid. Can't wait to mount it.