• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass Tub, Hood, Grille and Front Fenders Value?

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Not sure of the brand (Kentrol etc.) but what would be the value of a fiberglass tub, front fenders, hood, and grill? Everything is "new" in the sense that they have NOT been painted but its an older tub which is currently mounted on an EB waiting to be restored. Condition is good. No cracks or damage but some spots would need to be filled in on various places.

Miker

Bronco Guru
$3,200 - $4,500 while it is in "new" condition it is still "used" in new condition.

Consider looking up these parts total costs if you were to purchase new - the other whammy is if this is close to you enough to pick up yourself (bigtime consideration) because shipping these parts purchsed new would certainly would not be inexpensive. But, then they would certainly be truly new.

Like so many on here say, "the value on anything is set by what someone is willing to pay for it" - bugs, me to say that but at the end of the day, it's true.
Good luck!

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Don't look at current prices. Some of the older fiberglass tubs were not made as good as the newer ones. Prices have inflated a lot in the past few years. When I bought mine I called up to get quotes. A month later when I went to buy it I was told the cost was $250 more due to material cost increases. I remember back when a tub, fenders, hood, and grill would only run about $3000. If it is an older model I think $2500 would be a reasonable offer. If it comes with a frame and axles then another $500.

As Miker said, consider how close it is to you. I paid $900 for crating and shipping when I bought mine brand new.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
How old is the tub. Most of the pre 2000's suck! Maybe even newer???

And alot depends on how far along on the body assembly this thing is? If it were all seperate pieces laying on a trailer its easly worth 2 up to tops 3 grand. But if its assembled and ready too swap from one chassie to another its worth WAY more!

I drove out to KENTROL 2 summers ago and picked up a tub and front fenders and it was like $4500 NEW. There older tubs suck so beware of wheel well spacing and tolarences all around. Now to get that tub assembled with the front inner clip, and tailgate, hood, doors, grill, etc, was a shit ton of hours in the garage! Id have to charge someone 5 grand for that labor alone!

Im not a fan of fiberglass tailgates or grills so they hold no value to me

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
Now to get that tub assembled with the front inner clip, and tailgate, hood, doors, grill, etc, was a shit ton of hours in the garage! Id have to charge someone 5 grand for that labor alone!
That's an understatement.
I got one in 1998 and I am still beating my head against the wall. I believe it is a Malotte clone.

OP
OP
Springer

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Thanks for the replies and comments. Yeah fiberglass tubs and fenders seem to need a lot attention and time for assembly. Things like drilling holes, mounting parts as well as the tub to the frame. I was in the ball park figuring around $3500. I know new costs +-$5500 for tub, fenders, hood, and grille not to mention shipping AND tax if applicable. The good thing you do not have worry about it rusting! I guess each has its pros and cons. I'm not a fan of the one piece front clip but to make a fair assessment I would need to see one in person.

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
Does the tub have a tailgate opening? If not, it is most likely a Malotte tub. If it does, it is most likely an older Kentrol tub. The older Kentrol tub was much higher quality then the Malotte tub. Overall, it is not a bad tub, but does need a lot of fitment.

$3500 for an older Kentrol tub with the other panels included seems about right for price.