• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass body install

SCENARIO

Any suggestions or information on installing a terra comp fiberglass tub and fenders?

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Take your time and measure everything three times before cutting. I made templates from the metal body first. The body mounts in the center of the frame will need to be shaved down because the supports are thicker. I installed a body lift and cut down the middle body lifts almost a full inch before everything sat level. Good luck, as long as you take your time it is pretty easy.

OP
OP
S

SCENARIO

Body tub

Thanks for the info, did you use extra large washers or metal plate to distribute pressure when mounting body?

VT_Don

An inch of error hardly seems acceptable for a what's supposed to be a premium product. Do the instructions address this modification, or did you discover it on your own? I'm no fan of body lifts. Expect the glass body to set same as OEM steel body and not have to rework other items.
Also, looking for OEM rubber mounts. The urethane mounts I've seen are too stiff for a glass body. Need to flex easily so minimal stress on glass. Have seen vibration from unbalanced tires put cracks in a steel body.