• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory seat mounting locations & aftermarket seat mounting ideas w/ cage

mattt

Bronco Guru
Did all 66-77 Broncos have the same seat mounting points(reinforced floor and/or captured nuts) built into the tub floor? I'm noticing a difference in the tub floor seat mounts on my 69 vs. other Broncos, specifically on the passenger side. Was a bench seat an option in 69, and if a bench seat came in it from the factory, did Ford not install all the seat mounting points into the tub floor?

I'm looking for ideas and/or pics of aftermarket seat mounting in conjunction with a full cage. I've seen a few pics in random cage build threads, but not a seat mounting specific thread. I'm at the point of mounting seats and I'd like to get away from the hokey seat mounts the previous owner came up with. There are so many holes in the tub floor, it's hard to say what was factory. I'd prefer seat mounts tied to cage and/or frame, but that are not too obtrusive. Thanks in advance.

RPM289

Did all 66-77 Broncos have the same seat mounting points(reinforced floor and/or captured nuts) built into the tub floor? I'm noticing a difference in the tub floor seat mounts on my 69 vs. other Broncos, specifically on the passenger side. Was a bench seat an option in 69, and if a bench seat came in it from the factory, did Ford not install all the seat mounting points into the tub floor?

I'm looking for ideas and/or pics of aftermarket seat mounting in conjunction with a full cage. I've seen a few pics in random cage build threads, but not a seat mounting specific thread. I'm at the point of mounting seats and I'd like to get away from the hokey seat mounts the previous owner came up with. There are so many holes in the tub floor, it's hard to say what was factory. I'd prefer seat mounts tied to cage and/or frame, but that are not too obtrusive. Thanks in advance.

Mine are mounted to a plate welded to the crossbar of the cage integral to cage. Pic's are in my "garage" on here I can't get to them from work.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Here's what I did for floor bars, with seat mounting tabs. The front bar tabs support the bucket sliders and center console. The rear (middle) tabs support a fold & tumble rear bench, and the rearmost tabs are there for any hard mounted accessory (which I still haven't found a good use for yet other then tether point for straps, etc.):

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Thank you all for the pics and info, all good ideas. I'm trying to come up with something that won't make it like "monkey bars" to get in and out(same reason I had A pillar go thru the dash), keep the seats as low as possible, and makes for strong seat mounting vs. the sheet metal floor option. I've also considered reinforcing the floor mounts and not having the seats attached to the cage. Any opinions on that option?

I still need to post a pic of what my 69 has going on the floor on the passenger side...not sure it's factory? The inner mount point for the passenger seat is different or missing vs. other later year Broncos I've seen.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Thank you all for the pics and info, all good ideas. I'm trying to come up with something that won't make it like "monkey bars" to get in and out(same reason I had A pillar go thru the dash), keep the seats as low as possible, and makes for strong seat mounting vs. the sheet metal floor option. I've also considered reinforcing the floor mounts and not having the seats attached to the cage. Any opinions on that option?

I still need to post a pic of what my 69 has going on the floor on the passenger side...not sure it's factory? The inner mount point for the passenger seat is different or missing vs. other later year Broncos I've seen.

I finally remembered to post a pic of what is going on with the passenger side floor & seat mount. Is that piece of angle factory up near 12 o clock in the pic? If not, where are the inner mount holes in the floor from the factory seats?

You can see the outer mount holes with reinforced floor and captured nuts down near 6 o clock, but nothing like that for the inner mount point. The Bronco is a 69. The factory front seats were gone when I got the Bronco 16 years ago. It had late 60's/early 70's Cougar seats in it on factory Bronco brackets. The other bigger holes at 3 and 9 o clock are from a since removed passenger side fuel tank.

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Is the piece of angle attached to the side of the tunnel a factory seat mount point for a 69 Bronco?