• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine bay liner?

Bigbird

Anyone use raptor liner in their engine bay, or something similar? Just wondering how it would hold up to the heat.

Timtree

Loc.
Loxahatchee
I have used it on jeep builds previously to this. U-pull raptor tintable bed liner. Did the tubs and under the hood. Looks great and holds up never had an issue with the heat. But it's not really that close to the headers anywhere. Running a 355 aluminum heads and griffin radiator so it puts out head in south florida in the summer.
Hope this helps
Semper Fi.
5811 8yrs

OP
OP
Bigbird

Bigbird

Right on. Thanks Timtree.The reason I'd like to use Raptor under the hood is because my fender aprons aren't show quality and that might hide some of the imperfections.

Timtree

Loc.
Loxahatchee
It will show the outlines of any imperfections but I have learned to take seam sealer and smooth out any thing and it works great. Extremely easy to spray. I will defiantly use it again.

Timtree

Loc.
Loxahatchee
No I ran the sealer over top of the primer. Not sure if that is what is recommended but that is what I did. Maybe a body guy can chime in.
No issues up to this point

rfoleygearhead

You want to put the sealer over the primer because the that type of sealer is a silicone base the prime will not stick to it