• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Engine bay coating

Rsmith

I’m getting ready to start an engine swap in my 75. I currently have a stock (probably original) 302 and am working with an engine builder on a replacement. I would like to address the engine bay while the motor/ trans is out. It’s ugly but not really in bad shape. I plan to clean up some wiring and would like to paint/ coat it with something? Not looking to color match so I will be going black. Any good recommendations or options you have used successfully? Is Raptor liner an option for engine bays? Looking for something that will provide a better outcome than a rattle can. Eastwood products maybe? Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks

Jc.av8r

We did raptor liner on the entire tub interior, underside, and engine bay.

Definitely provides strong protection and piece of mind and it looks good.

The best and most classic appearance would be to color match the body, but you're likely to scratch it up if/when you ever work on your own engine. I would recommend the raptor liner.