• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Thoughts

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
This is going to sound dumb, but to clarify for me... when an explorer or sn95 swap is mentioned, are you talking just the the EFI or the entire motor? I wasn't necessarily wanting to swap the motor so that is why I'm asking.
Most of the time it's just the EFI but can be both EFI and motor.

My SN95 EFI runs my warmed up 1996 351w from a van.

Tim

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Electric carbs seem to be getting better. I’ve always hated the Fitech I have on my wife’s Bronco. I may try a new Sniper unit at some point. Way too much work to swap it out for the Explorer parts I have now. And I do like the “stockish ” look.
That being said the Explorer system ran extremely well on the race truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is incorrect. I still rework harnesses and PCM's. I do limit what I'm willing to do as far as programming goes to make sure I don't violate federal regulations, but things like PATS deletes and gear calibrations are perfectly fine.

On the performance side of things, it's better to just talk to me to know what can and can't be done since every build is different, especially before you start buying parts.
Apologies EFI guy. I should have clarified on what the Feds have done to limit efi tuning.