• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
In the description out to the right of each vin, it tells a little about the bronco, and usually if its a u13, half cab or wagon.

There are many like that or you can go into their garage photos to tell. You know probably more than most that several U13 were sold as half cabs or wagons. or wagons changed to half cabs, roadsters and so on. Unless we see the model number, even with a picture we are not sure what model it is. There are many on this list that does not list the model or even show pictures. When this thread was started no one thought about the model but just where the production number fell in line to the earliest one. As my Grandmother always said...Hindsight is 20/20

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
There are many like that or you can go into their garage photos to tell. You know probably more than most that several U13 were sold as half cabs or wagons. or wagons changed to half cabs, roadsters and so on. Unless we see the model number, even with a picture we are not sure what model it is. There are many on this list that does not list the model or even show pictures. When this thread was started no one thought about the model but just where the production number fell in line to the earliest one. As my Grandmother always said...Hindsight is 20/20

If I remember correctly, all I listed are stated correctly as they described to me. If I put full cab that meant it was a U15, but I started this a long time ago.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess I have to go back and re-read this whole thread to refresh my memory on 66 info. I thought the first Broncos were built in May-ish of '65? Or am I thinking of the Mustangs? Thought they both got started early for the first model year.
If that's the case, then I wonder how an August build could be the first week of production?

Nice rig though.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Guess I have to go back and re-read this whole thread to refresh my memory on 66 info. I thought the first Broncos were built in May-ish of '65? Or am I thinking of the Mustangs? Thought they both got started early for the first model year.
If that's the case, then I wonder how an August build could be the first week of production?

Nice rig though.

Paul

August 65' was first month production.

Jmcghee41

How do I post pics? When attempting to do so I'm asked for a url?
I was able to add a photo to my garage and a photo of the vin to my profile pic

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
You have to be a contributor.

You will see the word under my cb handle.

$12 bucks a year.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm a contributor because this is a great site and Jon does a good of keeping CB both family friendly and pretty flame-free. It is well worth the money to support this site. However i post most pics using a third party host site which does not require being a Contributor. Posting through a third party you get full size pics inserted where you want. (Use the photo icon in the toolbar.) Like this:

IMG_0704_316566838.JPG

Using the web site photo function (requires being a Contributor) you get thumbnails at the bottom of your post like this:

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 23

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
How do I post pics? When attempting to do so I'm asked for a url?
I was able to add a photo to my garage and a photo of the vin to my profile pic
Join the site for $12/year through your User CP. You can also use an image hosting site like Imgur. In the meantime:

Va8QRmk.jpg