• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doing some painting

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Rustoleum Safety Orange and Almond on the bottom and interior. I am not good enough to use high dollar paint.
Love it. My buddy says since I am not good at painting I should use good materials as they are a little more forgiving......thoughts?

OP
OP
don k

don k

Contributor
Love it. My buddy says since I am not good at painting I should use good materials as they are a little more forgiving......thoughts?
I think that is BS. I have tried expensive automotive type paints. It does not matter. There is a large learning curve. It is IMO that during that learning curve use what you can afford. Here are a couple of my learning curves and I still have a little way to go. I am not going to shows and the results looks good. Not $20K paint jobs but if they were I would be afraid to drive them. IMG_3043.JPG IMG_3452 (1).JPG

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I would go with the cheap line of a good brand to actually paint it. Before that get cheap even hobby store paint watered down and practice first. I painted trash cans, cardboard boxes, and old body panels it helps learn gun and paint control.

OP
OP
don k

don k

Contributor
I live out in the country. I raise Ibex Goats. The Bronco will be used to show potential customers the goats as well as taking out Whitetail deer hunters. So it is going to get scratched up. Would not make much sense getting carried away with a custom paint job. IMG_3467.JPG IMG_3466.JPG