• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone else have this problem?

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Madgyver said:
JS,
That's just a little pile-o-parts,
I got 2 rolling shelves in my hallway, I don't use my back door so it made some good storage space.
madgyver

True, but the 77' tub, Duff plate bumper and rocker replacement panels wouldn't look good in my bedroom :) I take that back, it wouldn't bother me...

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
airman said:
If you wouldn't mind could you post a pic of the spread sheet how you did it or e-mail me a copy. I have been thinking about getting out of the manilla folder and into the computer but don't have a clear picture of what the end result would look like.

Not sure if this is going to turn out, but here is a picture of my Excel spreadsheet. Nothing fancy but it works.

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 45

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
I too use a spreadsheet to track what I have done and what I want to do. I spent a few hours putting this together one day to try and figure out what it was going to cost to build my 73. I tried to upload mine to my gallery bit it is not showing up correctly. Let me know and I will email it if you would like to see it. ;D

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
I hate to admite this but y'all have no clue.......I have the problem of having junk trucks around to pull parts off. if you think the wife gets mad about a pile in the corner wait until she has to walk by incomplete trucks to go to work.......I just now cleaned out behind the house for like the 3rd time. but little does she know I already have more comming......

oh, and I wrench ouside too so winter sucks.....

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
JSmall said:
Not sure if this is going to turn out, but here is a picture of my Excel spreadsheet. Nothing fancy but it works.

Very nicely done. I have started one for the '71 that is very similar but I like your's better. You just need to add an image of your ride ;D

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
i'm a beancounter by trade, so it's in my nature to be anal. i've been tempted to start a spreadsheet, but i don't think i really want to know how much i'm dropping into my rig...I think a manila folder will be just fine for me.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Orange Crush said:
Very nicely done. I have started one for the '71 that is very similar but I like your's better. You just need to add an image of your ride ;D

Thanks. It looks much better when viewed in Excel. That's a good idea about the picture, it will dress it up a little

Jaromy

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i recently got kicked out of on-campus housing (don't ask %) )
sooooooooooo i have now moved into a 3/2 house with a TWO car garage...
and seeing as how i am the only one with a car, i have plenty of storage...

i'm about to go on a parts shopping spree ;D ;D :D
After I finish replacing and painting the drivers rockers, it's off to LineX to the interior...
i've already got the stereo...
soon to get: wiring harness, seats, engine parts, headers, etc... :eek:

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
JSmall said:
My girlfriend says the same thing except all my parts are in the bedroom next to the bed because that’s the only room my brother will let me occupy. Here’s a pic of some of the parts I have in my bedroom, since the pic was taken I have added the bumper and a few other things to the pile

Now you have your priorities in order, I hadn't thought to keep my parts in the bedroom :eek: ,I'm sure my girlfriend would just dump my ass if I tried that. ;)

DBrown said:
I hate to admite this but y'all have no clue.......I have the problem of having junk trucks around to pull parts off. if you think the wife gets mad about a pile in the corner wait until she has to walk by incomplete trucks to go to work.......I just now cleaned out behind the house for like the 3rd time. but little does she know I already have more comming......

oh, and I wrench ouside too so winter sucks.....

DBrown,

I've got 5 4x4's in the drive way. Only 2 of them run and one is a tractor. When I work on my girlfriends j**p in my barn, it's flour like dust in the summer and 3 inch deep mud in the winter.

I don't know why they (the women) don't understand.

Galen

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
720Racer said:
Now you have your priorities in order, I hadn't thought to keep my parts in the bedroom :eek: ,I'm sure my girlfriend would just dump my ass if I tried that. ;)

DBrown,

I've got 5 4x4's in the drive way. Only 2 of them run and one is a tractor. When I work on my girlfriends j**p in my barn, it's flour like dust in the summer and 3 inch deep mud in the winter.

I don't know why they (the women) don't understand.

Galen
Can you count? Maybe this is why I'm single..

Attachments

• DSC00339.JPG
    DSC00339.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00389.JPG
    DSC00389.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00868.JPG
    DSC00868.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00773.JPG
    DSC00773.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00764.JPG
    DSC00764.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00259.JPG
    DSC00259.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00909.JPG
    DSC00909.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00375.JPG
    DSC00375.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 13

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I wish I had Madgyver's problem of everyone bringing him bronco's.
Maybe we need a new thread and title it where are your bronco parts stored?
I'm considering renting a garage and putting a bed and frig in it. As thats basically what my appartment is right now except for the fact I cant get a bronco inside in one piece every room in the house has parts except for the bathroom and kitchen oh wait theres a lenght of hard brake line on the kitchen counter ;D here's my run down bedroom spare 33in tire, camshaft, engine gaskets/bearings box of spare hub parts t case yokes, hard top window gaskets, emblems, light bezels, various other parts. bedroom closet 2 68 doors, a spare speedo, more emblems, hall closet rusty tail gate 68 dash complete, new front right fender still in box, 2 new inner fenders, living room front bushing kit, carb parts, ujoints, wiring, u bolts. 2 t case shift lever tunnel covers, front turn signal buckets and gaskets. dining room table 3 spare fuel gauges, 4 90 degree exhaust pipes, a reverse light switch I just fixed. new carter electric fuel pump, duraspark dist, Holley carb, blown out trac loc clutch cover. outside storage pass door post. alternater, extra 9in center section, grill trim, fender trim, old diff parts, heater motor, bumperettes, steering wheel and a bunch of other stuff I need to go though to make sure I dont buy it again. Balcony has a rear side window in the box, PS box, PS pump, Brackets, steering ujoint, balancer, and pulley's. I still have a lot of stuff at my parents house too but most of its out in there shed. competing for space with my brothers stuff.

Naildriver111

Loc.
Rainsville, AL
I don't have to keep up with how much money I've spent on my 76, Because My wife does it for me. She saves every receipt (except the ones that I paid cash for and threw away)and totals up the cost, then reminds me how much I spent every time she needs a new outfit, shoes, or purse. Hey honey, how much have I spent on the Bronco? $13,436.88 If she only knew the real total. ;D

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
More parts

My STC soft top, Tera low gears, and D20 master rebuild kit arrived yesterday. My Centech wiring harness and NV3550 adapter kit will be here on Friday. The room is filling up fast :D It's a good thing I move on Friday.

House

Minutia Militia
I can't believe how much money we really spend on or Broncos either.
I made the MISTAKE of starting a spreadsheet the day I bought mine.
Unfortunately I know every penny spent.
:'( :-[ :eek: :mad: %) :) :cool:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I stopped counting a couple of years ago once I got to 12K. Most of the parts I've purchased over the last year or so have been used from guys here on the board (thanks Nick & Kyle!), so a lot of times there's no receipt to leave a paper trail. I too procrastinate on getting stuff installed. I had a 95% complete power steering setup sitting in my living room (yup I'm a bachelor :) ) for nine months before I finally got around to buying new hoses, tracking down the water pump bracket and installing it. I've had a Centech harness in my tool shed for four years, and a disc brake 44 to replace the Dana 30 for three. Hopefully this winter when I finish the new garage at my house I'll get around to finally having disc brakes %)

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
JSmall said:
Does everyone else keep track of the money they spend? It hurts me to even look at it, but I would change a thing.

Actually I track every penny I spend in Quicken so I could, theoretically, print detailed reports on all the money I've tossed into my Bronco over the years. I've looked up the numbers a few times but pretty much stopped a few years back after I went well over $20K. More importantly I have my Quicken file password protected to keep my wife from looking up those expenditures.