• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash or No Dash?

Dashboard or No Dashboard?

• Yes, it looks better with a dashboard.

Votes: 81 53.3%
  • No, it looks better without the dashboard

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • Who cares

Votes: 10 6.6%

• Total voters

BamaBlue'67

It looks better with the pad. That being said the crusty one will stay until a buy a new straight pad for the '67.

OP
OP
Rob1962

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I think I've decided I like it better without the dashpad. But I know my Dad likes it, and I don't have the heart to tell him no and send it back. So I bought the chrome windshield knobs to go with it. I know it will end up looking nice... but I'll miss the old metal dash.

Sbolt19

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I like the pad. But I am partial, my original is completely unharmed and I had an uncle give me a "dash mat" years ago that keeps it in good shape.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
when I gutted my interior for a refurbishing a couple years ago, I fully intended to replace the dash pad. but after the cage and everything else went back in, I decided I liked it better without it.
I think if I didn't have a cage, I'd probably want it in there. but with the cages' horizontal bar, it'd be too cluttered I think

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Your perception has been warped and distorted over time through the absence of dash pad and you therefore have yet to habituate to such.

The dash pad has not only safety value, but is designed artistically to bring harmony and balance to your interior, that without is lacking. It is an object of beauty your dad recognizes and you should too.

So put that dash pad on there, learn to appreciate it, or to ignore it, and be nice to your dad.

Oh, and I voted for the dash pad ;)

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
Dash Box

Ther should be another poll. "What is more practical Dash Pad or No Dash Pad?" I don't know what category I'm in, I've installed a Wild Child Dash Box which is very practical.
IMO.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
i don't have a pad on mine after it was repainted also have the cross bar. Wild Child went out of business so there may not be a link:(
Ham Man

jmhend

Bronco Guru
One thing is for sure.... you want to make this decision now. If you put the dash pad on and decide to remove it you will have to pull the dash when you decide to remove it. Unless your windshield hindge works.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I like the padded dash, I have a new one on my current bronco which is a 75 model. I due prefer the early model over the later model. I probably prefer the padded look due to the fact of never having a bronco without one.

Ben

TOMKLU

Loc.
San Diego, Californi
tn

msweb

Bronco Guru
I vote for pad but only because I can't get the damn thing off!!! :mad:

(see my new post)