• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Creative ideas to plug dash holes

fishinman78

Contributor
Working on the 76 Hatteras Green Ranger and I am beginning the rewiring process. When I got the Bronco there was a lot taken apart and bagged, including the dash. I am working on getting the rest of the switches etc mounted before I start the wiring. Unfortunately, there are three holes to the left of the headlight switch (picture attached) that were added by the PO. My understanding is it had a PTO winch at one time so I believe one of the holes is for a universal style hand throttle that I found in a box that is a piece of junk and I have no need for it since this Bronco is getting a 2300 Sniper and no longer has this winch.

Looking for any creative ideas to plug these holes. I may be able to use one of them for a switch for some driving lights I have but not too excited about that. I also thought about a USB type power port in one for cell phone charging. I know I could get some plugs and paint them or make a cap to paint as well. Just wondering if anyone has done anything cool.

Attachments

• 20240328_060834.jpg
    20240328_060834.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Just for kicks, put a Passenger Eject button...or one of many funny ones you can find. There are tons.

Meddle

Contributor
Loc.
Upstate NY
I filled one of mine with a light that flashes with my hazards. It matches the brake light bezel but any light could work. It’s actually quite useful since the hazards can be activated when the ignition is in the off position and the gauge cluster isn’t on to show the flashers. However, I did have to enlarge my dash hole, ouch!!

IMG_0276.jpeg

Ro_Ja Boy

I like that flashers light idea. Also thought about one of the lights that's connected to alarm systems as anti-theft deterrents.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I had to relocate the three control knobs next the driver's door to faciltate a new cage install that has tubing (from the top down to the floor) that would have blocked these from being of much use. Being an electrician by trade I found these outdoor-rated j-box conduit opening plugs that worked out well for me. Rattle-can painted them wimbledon white.

DSCN2834.JPG

Last edited:

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I taped a patch over one of mine. See to the left of the gauges. There are all kinds of stickers, too.

dcc3d9b2c10d146a97d4bf9422097031.jpg
4a2291470e42de248a8ea605f15c958d.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
3d print or bullet oversized steering column bezel? Might end up being way out of proportion. Seat heater switches are about that size.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Over size plate
Paint the same color Then put stock column cover back. I think it would blend in nicely