• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

cool fabrications you guys have made.

hollowch

Loc.
Midland, TX
I will do a write up on in when I get home from work (on Friday) so I can have access to my pics on my home computer. It wasn't terribly difficult at all and only took a few hours once I had all the parts and pieces together.

I have to give credit to Madgyver because his idea was what I used as the basis for mine, although mine is different than his.

how much free play (front stick vs. rear stick) is in it? Can't you adjust the position of the connector bar on the rear stick to adjust the distance between gears?

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
holy moly there are some nice rigs in this thread.

My Rockcrawler. Ive had it for 13 years and its gone through three buildups. Not a show pony, but im still proud of it :D

how I bought it :D

bronco.jpg

from Crawl mag #18

EPSON001.JPG

cbcom2.jpg

Clint,

That is a badazz looking ride considering what you started with! Really nice work no doubt. :eek:

As a matter of fact, there is alot of really nice mods on here! Great work by all.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
As I said before mine is very similar to what Mad did, I just used threaded clevises on the ends of my connecting rod and made a different kind of connection at the tranny end. I'll get some pics up ASAP I've just been layed up in the bed all day with a bad back. I just don't have it in me to put it all together tonight. My back is killing me and I'm going back to bed.

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Boy o boy we are a creative bunch!!!!

Here's a few on mine......

Center Console

web_Gauges_DS.jpg

Fuel tank

sm_compare_tanks.jpg

Collapsible Steering shaft

steering08.jpg

Articulation ramp (Bronco related! ;D)

IMG_2127.jpg

Inboard shocks and axle skid plate

tag005.jpg

Rear bumper and spare tire carrier

IMG_0505.jpg

oh yea.... the guys in the fab shop at work taught me how to use a mill and I made this for the D20

IMG_1756.jpg

Last edited:

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
had to fab these up before OCBR....needed one more inch of lift but didnt want to lose the duff style extreme bottom coil mounts...made these of 3 pieces of 3/8" plate and a 1/4" thick strap on the top....had to bore the top two pieces bigger than the bottom plate so the washer and bolt head would set down in them...wanted to use the same length of bolt as stock so i wouldnt have a big side load stress

Attachments

• OCBR 011.jpg
    OCBR 011.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 235
  • OCBR 013.jpg
    OCBR 013.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,294
  • OCBR 025.jpg
    OCBR 025.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 225
  • OCBR 026.jpg
    OCBR 026.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 213
  • OCBR 056.jpg
    OCBR 056.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 202

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Howie has us all beat with the "everything" however I have a few.
Quarters , dash and engine.

I love the rear quarter fabrication. It gives the cool uncut lines bit w big tires.

Sweet.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
How about my gear shifters? They match my gear crankers.

Attachments

• Bronco 325.jpg
    Bronco 325.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 569
  • Bronco 324.jpg
    Bronco 324.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 451