• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch

KW76

Now that my engine is out and will be getting a rebuild.I am wondering about preference between 3 prong pressure plate or diaphram style. Would I have to use a new flywheel with diaphragm style ? Anybody have experience with Luk brand ? There prices seem better. Thanks

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I run a luk diaphram style. Got it off Rockauto. Clutch and pressure plate. Came as a kit with throwout and pilot bearings. Works well behind my 351w. Listed as a stock replacement for my 74 so should be no issues with mounting to a stock flywheel. I replaced my flywheel with a stock replacement from jegs and it all mounted up fine.

The diaphragm style is much easier on everything. Also less force to depress. It's a win win IMO

Tim