• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Center Console / Armrest (narrow width)

wbgarman

I recently installed new seats in my '72 and I'm now in need of a new center console. The width in between the front seats is approximately 6 inches vs. the previous 8. Has anyone come across a center console that is 5.5 - 6 inches in width? The closest option I can find is the Tuffy Samurai Security Console (http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-122-samurai-security-console.aspx). However, the only problem with this Samurai console is the cutout for the parking brake.

Let me know if you have found any options that work well.

mrdrnac

Contributor
Subscribed. interested in narrow options as well! %)

kens bronco

Loc.
Virginia Beach Va.
I'm using 40mm ammo cans. Their heavy duty, and water tight. The 40mm can measures 5.5" wide not counting the stiffeners on the sides, length is 17.5" long, 10" tall. I also mounted one on each wheel well, one is for tools and one for retrieval tools.
Kenny
dscn1613.jpg

2--copy.jpg

dscn1611.jpg