• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Campfire stories anyone? I got a bronco camper!

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
well today was a fun day. my new to me camper arrived. the transport service i exclusively use picked them up less than a week ago and my load is here today. i also shipped in a build that has the first spot for next year.

so the camper is a pretty cool unit. needs major clean up, as it's obvious it's been sitting for a few years. need a bit of work on the fold up ends, but nothing i'm scared of. the interior needs a good scrubbing, airing out... the seats/beds are in amazingly good shape for their age.i might try a upholstry cleaner on them to freshen the up. the vinyl is in good shape. not sure where some leakage came from that warped the wood end panels. we'll find it.
the truck is complete and is in decent running order. the electrical could stand some work to meet my standards. the body needs the typical bronco repairs. it has HD springs & coils. double shocked all the way around. right side has a 15 gal fuel tank. it's got a duff PB set up. i drove it around the block today and was impressed for a first impression. i can tell the older gentelman i purchased it form had owned it for a long time. he bought it from i'm hoping/guessing the orig owner in the late 70's. i found it's lived in NM & CO mainly. it has been to mexico. he towed a trailer with it which is a bit scary to me. the reciever hitch is bent down...
anyhow, i plan to get this baby back in service and bring it to a few of the events i atttend each year. as long as i've been a bronco guy i've never seen one in person, i figure many others haven't as well.
i'll get it out into some camping action with my family & use the kitchen it has. there is a two burner stove, sink wiht hand & elec pump. there is also a nice small refridgerator. propane tank is carried on the left rear near the fresh water tank. there is a stand up kitchen table.

i found a few interesting things. one being a hand control cruise control...it's a positive lock cable, not sure how safe that one is...
it also came with a orginal camper manual.

my carrier tells me he gets more attention hauling these early broncos than he does with any other car.he hauls 4 at a time and brought these down on a smaller trailer he also uses.

well if you are at one of the events i hit, stop on by and check it out! see you at the campground!

Attachments

• DSC00335.JPG
    DSC00335.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 176
  • DSC00364.JPG
    DSC00364.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC00365.JPG
    DSC00365.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00351.JPG
    DSC00351.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00359.JPG
    DSC00359.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00360.JPG
    DSC00360.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC00361.JPG
    DSC00361.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00362.JPG
    DSC00362.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00337.JPG
    DSC00337.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
That is sweet! I wish. i would like to have the camper top on a streched EB or a 4 door EB. "someday over the rainbow".......

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
that thing is definitely sweet. i'd love to have one for the 24 hr bicycle races i do. how high is it (headroom wise) when it is popped up? let me know when you need someone to borrow it for a weekend:)

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i'm 6-0 and can stand up inside no porb. guessing it's about 6-2

SMS auto transport 866 925 2062. they are based out of VA. their web site is being developed now and will be up shortly.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Nick, you should change the thread name to EB popup camper, there would be a long ass thread happening from that title

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Congrats on the snag, its on my list, as was said would be cool to find one to fit in my stretched Bronco!

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice Nick, Now get that thing up here and camp:) On my list as well. One of these days. %) Whats the skinny on the red one? Looks nice too?

Blue71

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet, dude....wanna meet up in Indiana or something. Call KOA!

73Russell

Loc.
Federal Way, WA
those campers are pretty cool only ever seen one about 4 years ago the guy had it on a ranger and wanted a bunch of money for it.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Thats pretty cool and as said before it too is on my list. Also thats a clean looking Bronco its sitting in!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
That looks great, very jealous. Will you start a progress thread so we can all follow along?

I love the color too, is that ginger?