• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

buying a bronco from far away...

D ROCK

Ok...Looks like I'm late to the party...But I will share my experience with other Bronco brethren so they can learn from my mistakes...

Years ago, I needed a bronco body in good condition for a swap. I found one from a "professional vendor" here on CB, so I trusted his professional opinion. He sent me pics, of ONLY what he WANTED me to see, not what he DIDN'T...It appeared good so I sent him a MO for the body, crate and shipping cross country. When it arrived here in NC, it was the biggest POS ever, to the point the shipping company questioned whether I wanted to accept the shipment...There were license plates for patch panels, NOT in the pics I saw, a HOLE I could put my HAND through in the rear passenger quarter panel, NOT in the pics I saw. The crate I had "paid" for looked like it was put together by the blind homeless center...The whole experience was a complete and total sh*t show...From my experience, a plane ticket is not that expensive to lay YOUR eyes on something you're interested in.:cool:

MThalfcab

Contributor
Living the Poor Life
Loc.
Yaak, Montana
I'm used to my girlfriend and friends telling me I'm crazy when it comes to cars, but yesterday I was picking up some used parts off a dude who also may be described as kinda crazy about cars and HE said I was crazy for considering buying a car sight unseen from far away. However it seems like thats pretty common practice with these trucks.
Im planning on payment via Paypal/Escrow so I actually feel kinda pretty secure there. Its also been suggested that I call local businesses and see if anyone knows him or can vouch for him.
So I guess I have two questions... AM I crazy for considering buying from far away sight unseen, and if you have done this before, what did you do to secure your purchase/transaction?
I know exactly how you feel, I'm buying a 74 Bronco Explorer and I'm in Montana and the Bronco is in Florida, sight unseen, there are no Broncos for sale in Montana or very few and here everything is a drive, so too look at Broncos that you might find is ruff. If you can see in person by all means but get with your Bank and do your homework, I got lucky and buying for Velocity, things are crazy out there and with the border wide open its going to get a lot worse. Good luck too ya!

OP
OP
amfw

amfw

I know exactly how you feel, I'm buying a 74 Bronco Explorer and I'm in Montana and the Bronco is in Florida, sight unseen, there are no Broncos for sale in Montana or very few and here everything is a drive, so too look at Broncos that you might find is ruff. If you can see in person by all means but get with your Bank and do your homework, I got lucky and buying for Velocity, things are crazy out there and with the border wide open its going to get a lot worse. Good luck too ya!
This is an oldie, but a goodie :) I'm happy to report that 2+ years after buying it, I'm completely in love with my Bronco and don't regret the purchase. It was a (butt puckering) move for sure, but if I had waited for one to come up around here that matched condition and price, I would probably still be waiting.
Good luck to YOU!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
This is an oldie, but a goodie :) I'm happy to report that 2+ years after buying it, I'm completely in love with my Bronco and don't regret the purchase. It was a (butt puckering) move for sure, but if I had waited for one to come up around here that matched condition and price, I would probably still be waiting.
Good luck to YOU!

Would Definitely be adventageous if someone on here knew them too