• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying early Bronco drivetrain complete

Mistral

Contributor
Hi all, my name is Will, I'm in New Zealand, and have an early Bronco. It's registered here as a 75, but the VIN # shows it as a 68. Currently running a 302w & C4.
Front end is a Dana 30, drums all round. These are super rare trucks over here, so parts availability is pretty much zero. The body is really good, engine & auto good, xfer case is only selecting 2 positions so I need to do some work there.

I'm thinking the easiest way to get a nice suspension & front & rear axle setup is to buy complete wheel stud to wheel stud Dana 44 front & 9" rear, with disc brakes & the suspension set up I want.
(Probably just a 1" body lift & 2" suspension lift)
Shipping is good thru a company I use in California, so that's no problem.

I've been buying bits & pieces off CJ Pony parts, and browsed the websites of places like Wild Horses, James Duff, Toms OffRoad.

I'm looking for recommendations on the best supplier of all that, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Torkman66

Contributor
I really like Wild Horses because their products are always top end. They seem to have the highest shipping rates for some reason, well above standard shipping. They might be adding a handling fee, not sure. Most of my time is spent trying to find equal value with less shipping. Carpenter has great shipping, good products, and good prices. Northeast Ford as well. But both don’t have everything you will need. WH has great customer service and I have spent 10s of thousands with them despite their shipping rates. I strongly suggest you call them rather than just using the internet because they will give you a discount which will help with shipping.

OP
OP
M

Mistral

Contributor
I really like Wild Horses because their products are always top end. They seem to have the highest shipping rates for some reason, well above standard shipping. They might be adding a handling fee, not sure. Most of my time is spent trying to find equal value with less shipping. Carpenter has great shipping, good products, and good prices. Northeast Ford as well. But both don’t have everything you will need. WH has great customer service and I have spent 10s of thousands with them despite their shipping rates. I strongly suggest you call them rather than just using the internet because they will give you a discount which will help with shipping.
Thanks, Wild Horses do seem to have a huge range,
I've send an email to arrange a phone call catch up re this. Ta,