• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build thread, stage 1, Bronco Blue, what have i got here...

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's 2010, I promised someone this thing would be driving by then so the engine is at the machine shop, I just have some questions on what mods I have to the front end, one looks to be an axle strut, the other is an extra non stock shock setup, any help Identifying who made these appreciated, more curious than anything else. I may or not retain the strut...

P1000243-1.gif

P1000245-1.jpg

Stage one is running gear, stage two will be frame off next year, can't swing the bucks this year.

BroncoBlue.jpg

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Many different manufacturers made a second shock mount like the one you have. Some guys actually made their own. It really could be from any vendor like K bar S(no longer in business), Tom's, WH... You can still by this easy setup. The axle support doesn't seem to have any purpose. It looks like it is pulling on your c-bushing pretty good. I would just take it off if I were you.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Ditto
No one company made or sold those shock mounts for the most part dual shocks are unnessesary usually most shocks are not correctly valved for dual setups anyways. And you end up getting a stiff ride.
As for the front axle truss again quite a few companies made them as well. Doesnt really hurt anything being there except maybe the loss of a little ground clearance. I'd probably leave it Might come in handy if you decide to launch your bronco one day.

ol gray mare

I think I'd lose the axle truss if it was mine. As parallel as it is to the axle tube, I bet it wouldn't offer much support.