• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1975 Build Thread

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Dang, Cole! You’re building like a man possessed!!! Glad you’re here posting and giving folks like me the impetus to get done!

Randy

OP
OP
Cole Weyand

Cole Weyand

Contributor
Cole’s Classic Trucks
Loc.
Stanfield
While waiting on my flex plate to show up. Decided to finish the front drive parts. Power steering pump painted and box as well. Distributor installed and coil ( Forgot to take photo of that). Once transmission installed the motor can be completed.

IMG_6026.jpeg IMG_6027.jpeg IMG_6028.jpeg IMG_6029.jpeg IMG_6030.jpeg IMG_6056.jpeg

LHardin

I like your meticulous attention to detail on this project. AAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAA Boy!

LHardin

Worked on the tub this weekend. Filled in marker light, front gas tank, and upper door post. Also fixed the rust on the lower quarter. Starting on the driver quarter and working my way around.
View attachment 924338 View attachment 924339 View attachment 924340 View attachment 924348 View attachment 924341 View attachment 924349 View attachment 924350 View attachment 924343 View attachment 924344 View attachment 924345 View attachment 924346 View attachment 924347
You are the man on a mission. Keep it up, my hard-working friend.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Curious why you elected to fill in the side marker lights.
My '67 does not have them and it kind of hides in the dark.

OP
OP
Cole Weyand

Cole Weyand

Contributor
Cole’s Classic Trucks
Loc.
Stanfield
Curious why you elected to fill in the side marker lights.
My '67 does not have them and it kind of hides in the dark.
Im running a 66 front end and doors. Didn’t want marker lights in the rear. And nothing up front.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What wiring harness are you running in the front?
I had a '71 that got T-boned so I put the '67 body on mine. When I was rebuilding the looms I realized the early ones allow the front park lights to go out when the headlights come on. I didn't like that idea especially with no side marker lights, so I upgraded the loom so the front parks would stay on with the headlights, in case a headlight went out I still had a marker light on that corner.

OP
OP
Cole Weyand

Cole Weyand

Contributor
Cole’s Classic Trucks
Loc.
Stanfield
What wiring harness are you running in the front?
I had a '71 that got T-boned so I put the '67 body on mine. When I was rebuilding the looms I realized the early ones allow the front park lights to go out when the headlights come on. I didn't like that idea especially with no side marker lights, so I upgraded the loom so the front parks would stay on with the headlights, in case a headlight went out I still had a marker light on that corner.
Haven’t decided yet. Trying to finish frame and start body work. Most likely a 68-69 style harnes.

OP
OP
Cole Weyand

Cole Weyand

Contributor
Cole’s Classic Trucks
Loc.
Stanfield
Finally got my flex plate, got it installed as well as the starter and front drive line. Then moving on to installing headers and new spark plugs.

IMG_6202.jpeg IMG_6203.jpeg IMG_6204.jpeg IMG_6207.jpeg IMG_6220.jpeg IMG_6221.jpeg IMG_6222.jpeg IMG_6223.jpeg IMG_6118.jpeg

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Cole, how difficult was it to weld up the front gas cap delete and the rear marker light delete? I have a few places I’m considering doing some body repair that won’t be seen unless you look REALLY hard, but it’s what I’d like to do.
Congratulations on your progress with the build. Looking forward to seeing more.

Randy

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was the Bronco ever equipped with any sort of rock guard up in the front fender?
After I got mine painted I had to drive a fair bit of gravel roads and it ended up blistering the paint at the top of the fender from some major rock rash underneath.

OP
OP
Cole Weyand

Cole Weyand

Contributor
Cole’s Classic Trucks
Loc.
Stanfield
Cole, how difficult was it to weld up the front gas cap delete and the rear marker light delete? I have a few places I’m considering doing some body repair that won’t be seen unless you look REALLY hard, but it’s what I’d like to do.
Congratulations on your progress with the build. Looking forward to seeing more.

Randy
Wasn’t really bad. Once you clean your paint off, get your welder set right your good to go. I took my time and tac welded the metal. Not allowing it to heat up. It definitely worth the couple hours to fix the areas.