• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build thread - how to?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’m trying to figure out how to make my build thread either a link or like som folks just have a few words highlighted to take you to their build thread. I mean, I can just continue to “reply” to my thread, but have trouble finding it. Lol. Any help for me?
Thanks

Randy

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You can insert a link into your Signature. Then you can get to it from any post you have made. See mine below: The Red "R" . . .

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Cool! Last question: How does one make a link? Not the best with computers. Lol

Randy

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
First, go to your build thread and highlight and copy the IRL that shows up at the top of your browser. Go back and edit your signature. In your signature highlight (Build thread on my '77) then click on the icon that looks like a 2-link chain. This open a box where you paste the IRL. Then save.

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Much obliged! Maybe this will get me moving faster on the restoration process.

Randy

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I’m going to have to get on computer as the URL isn’t showing up on my phone.
Always something!

Randy

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Yes, the signature doesn’t show on the mobile version, annoyingly.

But you should be able to tell the page to show the “Desktop Version” which is what you see from a computer.

If in Chrome, click the 3 menu dots on the top right and scroll down to “Request Desktop Site”

OP
OP
Speedrdr

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
I can turn my iPhone sideways and see the signature line(s)…but that may just be with iPhones. I’ll TRY to fix it but no guarantees with my lack of computer skills.

Randy