• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brown/Spice colored soft top

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Good morning, does anyone have a source for a Brown, tan or spice colored soft top? I can’t seem to find one anywhere anymore. In Virginia if anyone has a used one available.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Someone mentioned a few months ago that Rampage was no longer making them. Not sure if that's true or not but they aren't available anywhere right now.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Did you try BC Broncos? You can choose your color. Expensive but a nice top.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I emailed Rampage and they’ve discontinued coloured tops. They said it’s not in their vision or something to that nature. I talked to Gateway bronco and they said they would sell their tops. Can’t imagine they’re very cheap though.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I emailed Rampage and they’ve discontinued coloured tops. They said it’s not in their vision or something to that nature. I talked to Gateway bronco and they said they would sell their tops. Can’t imagine they’re very cheap though.
I can't imagine the Gateway softop is anything other than a rebranded and marked up BC top.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I can't imagine the Gateway softop is anything other than a rebranded and marked up BC top.
From what I’ve seen the Gateway top is similar to the Rampage top and they also have a power option. It’s a folding top not like the BC top.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Interesting. in person the ones I have seen look to be the BC top. however they may be using a slightly modded version to allow it to fold down.
All of the online pics appear to be the BC top of a knock off of some sort IMO.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Doesn’t look like a BC bronco top to me. The BC bronco top has exposed snaps all the way around the rear window where it attaches to the inner frame structure. The amount of modifications required to make the BC top fold back would be so high you’d be building a new top. The Gateway top looks like the Rampage top but we already know unless they got stockpiles of them they aren’t available anymore direct from Rampage.

n8tive

Loc.
Nashville, TN
I am also looking for a tan or spice soft top. I have a Rampage (Spice) ordered from JEGS but it is backordered with a March delivery date. Reading this it doesn't seem like that will be the case. There has to be an option out there! I do not like the black top I currently have with the paint and interior color.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
I am also looking for a tan or spice soft top. I have a Rampage (Spice) ordered from JEGS but it is backordered with a March delivery date. Reading this it doesn't seem like that will be the case. There has to be an option out there! I do not like the black top I currently have with the paint and interior color.
I would reach out to Jegs and have them check with Rampage. I sent them an email and asked and was told they don’t make them anymore then I was told to suggest it through the suggestions link and the response I got from that was pretty much something to the effect of it’s not in our plan to offer coloured tops ever again. It almost made it sound like they may discontinue the rampage tops for broncos all together and stick with just the besttop.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BC is expensive but nice.
I was fortunate to buy black with clear windows for winter and the coyote tan with tinted windows for summer. Quality is very nice.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Doesn’t look like a BC bronco top to me. The BC bronco top has exposed snaps all the way around the rear window where it attaches to the inner frame structure. The amount of modifications required to make the BC top fold back would be so high you’d be building a new top. The Gateway top looks like the Rampage top but we already know unless they got stockpiles of them they aren’t available anymore direct from Rampage.
You know, I have to agree with you mostly. Too nice to be a rampage top but yeah it's not a BC top either.
I can't imagine they make their own tops but who knows? I know of another bronco builder that was looking at making soft tops but I don't know if they ever got theirs off the ground?

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
You know, I have to agree with you mostly. Too nice to be a rampage top but yeah it's not a BC top either.
I can't imagine they make their own tops but who knows? I know of another bronco builder that was looking at making soft tops but I don't know if they ever got theirs off the ground?
I agree. They are nicer than the Rampage or Besttop. But it looks more similar to the Rampage top as far as details and shape than the BC top. I believe they do make their own since they offer a power version and I’ve never seen anyone else offer that in all the looking I did for a tan top. I know Maxlider was working on a power top for the 6g a couple years back. Not sure what happened with that. I know they were produced but I’ve never seen anything since the introduction. It’s possible the company that was doing those top also make the tops for Gateway.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Good to know, I have one new in box someone had asked me about one then tried to lowball me less than I paid. Seems like Rampage has been around a long time, can't see why they would stop. Even if a vendor to a special color run of 100 and just charged a premium.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Good to know, I have one new in box someone had asked me about one then tried to lowball me less than I paid. Seems like Rampage has been around a long time, can't see why they would stop. Even if a vendor to a special color run of 100 and just charged a premium.
Rampage was bought out by real truck. That’s who told me they had no interest in doing colours. Since they also own Besttop I’m thinking Rampage tops might be on the way out.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Rampage was bought out by real truck. That’s who told me they had no interest in doing colours. Since they also own Besttop I’m thinking Rampage tops might be on the way out.
Realtruck shows Rampage as one of their family of brands on their page:

https://realtruck.com/our-brands/

but they don't mention Bestop. As far as I know Bestop is still owned by Kinderhook Industries. Was Bestop recently sold to Realtruck and it just hasn't made the news yet?

Todd Z.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Realtruck shows Rampage as one of their family of brands on their page:

https://realtruck.com/our-brands/

but they don't mention Bestop. As far as I know Bestop is still owned by Kinderhook Industries. Was Bestop recently sold to Realtruck and it just hasn't made the news yet?

Todd Z.
Real truck sells besttop product. So I can’t say for sure they own it but it seems like they went on a bit of a buying spree kind of like Holley did a few years ago.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Real truck sells besttop product. So I can’t say for sure they own it but it seems like they went on a bit of a buying spree kind of like Holley did a few years ago.
10-4. Yeah, I saw they offered Bestop but didn't see anything about ownership. They do have a tons of companies like Holley has accumulated in the past few years.

Todd Z.