• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Tow Rig Thoughts... EcoBoost

ChrisC74

I have a 2014 Ecoboost F150. I have towed my small fifth wheel camper with my 18' boat behind the camper a few times. The truck does a good job of it but I would not like to go across country like that. I have now bought an enclosed trailer for a mobile showroom adn to carry my new Can-Am side by side. In windy days it tends to move the truck a bit. No lack of power or braking but it is not that heavy.

With that I am pretty sure I am going to go back to a 3/4 ton truck this year. It will probably be a diesel but not positive. Waiting to see the new F250 redesign, but I am sure price will be killer. 2016 F250's will have great deals shortly with the new design coming out. My brother has a GMC Duramax. Really great truck also. Need to check them out also. Hard to stomach buying a GM but who knows.

My ecoboost tows great but now with the camper and the enclosed trailer I think it is time to go bigger again.

This was my experience exactly with my enclosed trailer. My 2013 Ecoboost will pull it forward just fine but since it is 24' long and an extra foot high to fit the bronco it is a huge wind catcher when 18 wheelers drive by. I will not haul the bronco in it anymore - it is not comfortable at all - I use it strictly for hauling the local high school marching band equipment. In comparison i do not even know I am towing the bronco on my open 16' trailer - stops, goes, etc. like nothing is back there. I wish I could justify a 3/4 ton truck but have only towed about 4000 miles in the last three years.