• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bought a 2000 ford explorer for swap

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
It is a thread sealant, not red loctite.

You can use teflon tape, thread sealer paste, etc. Make sure the threads are cleaned up some on both ends, and you can crack the aluminum on the lower intake if you get a little overzealous in screwing the fitting in the manifold...
White Teflon tape for plumbing ? The engine heat won't F' it up?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I would put something . I think I used Vaseline on the orings if I remember right
I haven't done what you are doing, so I can't comment... One would assume a little lube would be good, but you don't want to put something on that would attack the o-rings rubber.

Yes Teflon tape works...

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
The plastic triple nipple tee that connects the pcv valve to the two lines under the plenum disintegrated....gonna see if I can make something from brass fitting from the local hardware store. Hopefully I don't break too much stuff reassembling the damn thing

OP
OP
C

chuck1022

Contributor
So I am reassembling everything and when I was going plug this nipple thing into the egr it snapped. What would I call it so I can try and find a new one?

Attachments

• 20221201_095154.jpg
    20221201_095154.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 20

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
The plastic triple nipple tee that connects the pcv valve to the two lines under the plenum disintegrated....gonna see if I can make something from brass fitting from the local hardware store. Hopefully I don't break too much stuff reassembling the damn thing
I am trouble visualize this Plastic Tee, But Dorman sells (in their Help section) a package of three Brass tees, 3/8, 5/16, 1/4 sizes. Maybe that would be an easier way to go.

Random search brought this up: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NOE...gQbnCh1kQQAiEAQYAiABEgLE9fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
So I am reassembling everything and when I was going plug this nipple thing into the egr it snapped. What would I call it so I can try and find a new one?

So the vacuum fitting to the EGR valve, not the fitting on the valve itself...
You can use rubber vacuum line, doubtful that it would be available from Ford, Wreaking yard for another one, or if one end broke off the plastic line just use a short section of vacuum line to patch it.