• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Big shout out to classic bronco forum

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Kind of off topic but.... Just want to give a huge shout out to the members of classic bronco. I am a member of a f150 forum and every time some one ask a questions or makes some type of comment the members on there jump all over the other member for whatever reason and try to make that person fell like they are stupid. Unlike this forum where everyone is so willing to help with any problems that come up. I have stopped reading the other forum for this reason. Once again thanks and I am happy to be a learning member here.;D

NDFess

Loc.
Glendora, Ca
Get a life moron!

Just kidding.....
I feel the same way. All of the other forums I frequent the people are like vultures waiting to attack anyone who asks a question. Thanks everyone for all of your help!

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Almost everyone that I have met, that owns a Classic Bronco has been really great and easy to talk to. It does seperate us from the rest!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Ditto. I used to frequent a board for my DD, and they were nice for a while, but lost interest in the place after the admin went all Nazi on the "be nice and Politically Correct" to the point you can't say anything that doesn't mention rainbows or unicorns without hurting one person's feelings, then someone gets in trouble. Too much drama under the guise of being friendly. It's even forbidden to mention guns or politics on that board now, even in the off topic area. And they threaten prosecution or something in the rules, how exactly being annoying on a forum is unlawful I'm not aware, but I guess banning wasn't enough for troublesome members.

Anyway, thus far I've been real impressed here, agree with all the positive comments, and I hope it stays like this for a long time to come.

1973 Houston

Loc.
Houston
i never met a bronco owner i've not liked!! well except that one time in high school..... but thats another story all together! haha

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Ditto. I used to frequent a board for my DD, and they were nice for a while, but lost interest in the place after the admin went all Nazi on the "be nice and Politically Correct" to the point you can't say anything that doesn't mention rainbows or unicorns without hurting one person's feelings, then someone gets in trouble. Too much drama under the guise of being friendly. It's even forbidden to mention guns or politics on that board now, even in the off topic area. And they threaten prosecution or something in the rules, how exactly being annoying on a forum is unlawful I'm not aware, but I guess banning wasn't enough for troublesome members.

Anyway, thus far I've been real impressed here, agree with all the positive comments, and I hope it stays like this for a long time to come.

I think it is a fine line, and CB walks it verry well, I used to be on another forum called Florida4x4 (they are gone now) and it was alot like here.

It's tough, too much enforcement of the be nice policy and people feel like the whole thing is orchestrated, too little and you get pirate4x4, but that seems to work for them. For me, I got my fill of that place on the first day.

Sporto

Agreed on all of this thread. I feel that I can present a question to the CB board, no matter how trivial, and I get a rock solid well thought discussion on it. I too try and lend as much advice as I can, but I learn more than I dispense...

Regarding other forums (and I know this a bit off the automotive community), but if you want to see nasty and obnoxious behavior, try reading an Apple Mac discussion forum sometime. If a newbie asks a question on there that is not compliant with Apple licensing etc...(even on private forums) the Apple-Koolaid drinkers attack and demean that person ruthlessly, never bothering to even attempt to answer the poor person's question. I never saw anything like that on any forum, and I spend a lot of time on forums researching programming code and other things....Yeah I have a Jeep Wrangler as a daily driver, so I am on the Jeep forums too, but nothing comes close to the community here though. That is for sure!

Rich

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I totally agree! 1000%. This place is by far the best forum out there, you always get good and postive response on any questions or issues you bring here and while there are a few jabs now and then you really have to ask for it to get any kind of grief here. I've been on several types of fourms including some vintage motorcycle ones and even there some of the "senior" or admin types will jump on you pretty quick for a simple question.

This place is the definition of a Brotherhood of like minded, stand-up guys.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I've been on a few forums where questions that were asked and answered in 1995 were bashed because the user didn't 'search'...I don't think I've ever had that happen here.

I've also been banned by the Traxxas forum for naming a movie character.

The characters name???

Fat Bastard.

It was the "Bastard" that got me banned. But you could talk about semi-automatic rifles and hand grenades all day long...

tw322

Absolutely agree. The vast majority of people on here are here to help not criticize or put others down simply because they don't know. That's what makes me feel comfortable asking questions even if they are stupid.

gravelrunner69

Loc.
ZAP
I've been a member here for about ten years now and I totally agree its the best forum I've been on. you can ask what you think might be a dumb question and not get some smart ass that comes on here and tries to be little you. And such a wide variety of people with different skill sets,. that any question will get a good answer.Even the political section I read because both sides have interesting points and links and it is amusing to see them go at it. all in all TOP NOTCH!

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Absolutely agree. The vast majority of people on here are here to help not criticize or put others down simply because they don't know.

You've been to the political section...right?!?!?!?!

Oh, "vast majority" ...you covered yourself ;)

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
This is indeed a very special and unique place.

Kind of make sense of what the internet is supposed to be all about...