• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Big shout out to Nick! NicksTrix!

Tony Mele

Bought my 73 Bronco a few months back. Total newbie, completely in over my head. Searched for someone relatively local to help. Really wanted a truck I could drive regularly, and didn't know where to begin - especially with the steering. The truck would practically change lanes without warning.

Found NicksTrix in Denver, NC. Nick agreed to take a look. He fabricated an entirely new steering linkage system for me, and I can't get over it. People actually stop me and comment on it. The truck will cruise now at 65 mph, one hand on the wheel. Perfect.

He then went over it front to tail just to let me know what I had gotten myself into. Communicated every step of the way - told me what problems he found, sent pics, and gave me the options I could choose. He cleaned up the carb issues and timing, installed a new radiator, repaired my exhaust leaks, installed a new set of mufflers, fixed my leaf springs, and discovered that my rear housing was bent!

And he took me for a ride in a Bronco that about left me with a turd stain in my jeans when he almost lifted the front end off the ground in second!

Great shop, great guy. Can't wait to convince him to start phase II.

Thanks Nick. You deserve the shout-out.

T

Attachments

• 20160912_122735_resized.jpg
    20160912_122735_resized.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 315
  • 20160912_122802_resized.jpg
    20160912_122802_resized.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 275

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Nick is a good dude for sure. Congrats on the new ride!

ajonesny

Did you get any pictures of his shop for us voyeurs? Im always curious what he has going on. Unfortunately he hasn't uploaded any new builds recently.

OP
OP
Tony Mele

Tony Mele

Did you get any pictures of his shop for us voyeurs? Im always curious what he has going on. Unfortunately he hasn't uploaded any new builds recently.

He gave me the tour. At least 5 trucks in various stages of builds. Beautiful paint work...sweet interiors...I particularly liked the one with the Coyote wedged into the engine bay. He had a sweeeeeet dark chocolate brown one with side steps rigged to automatically deploy when the doors open, and fold back up when they close. Very nifty! Loved that brown. But he had a dark Loire Blue that may just be the color for me. Lots going on.

But I didn't take pics. Sorry. I was too busy checking to make sure I didn't poop myself from the ride he took me on.

ajonesny

Good to hear he's still pumping them out. Maybe one day he'll give us a sneak peek of his antics.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Nick is a great guy. I stopped by one day and he gave me the tour and what he was working on. A++ work!!

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nick is the man! Part of the heart and sole of what makes the Bronco community so great.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice drop mount and steering components. Who's are they?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
tony thank you for the kind words of support. glad you are happy with the work we did on getting your bronco straightened out. great to hear you are now enjoying your truck as you should be.

everyone else who chimed in, thank you for the support.

sorry aj, the website hasn't been updated in quite a while. i had a loss of all my stored data just over a year ago and had 5 trucks worth of new build pictures to put up. oh well. we have another round coming out that will get up soon. we've just been very busy focusing on building top shelf broncos and keeping our clients like tony smiling.

cheers!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I went up to meet Nick back in late winter of this year. Great guy that wanted to spend time with me, not get me out so he can get back to work. I too believe I had chit stains when I left, sorry Nick if you are still wiping it up. Great shop and great Broncos. Hope to make it back up there soon this fall!

Brent13

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Sounds like you had a great experience, that is awesome. Hey, I notice your track bar drop bracket is not welded. When I installed mine, instructions called out welding and bolting the drop bracket. Does the drop bracket need to be welded????

Brent

OP
OP
Tony Mele

Tony Mele

Nice drop mount and steering components. Who's are they?

I'm not sure. If I recall, Nick does some sort of fabrication of the parts, but I'm not sure where the pieces come from.

Sounds like you had a great experience, that is awesome. Hey, I notice your track bar drop bracket is not welded. When I installed mine, instructions called out welding and bolting the drop bracket. Does the drop bracket need to be welded????

Brent

I don't have a clue. Gotta see if Nick responds to this.

;)Can you share what you end up using for your new set-up?

Watcha talking about?

ajonesny

Nick... glad to hear you're doing a coyote build. Can't wait to see it. Super celebration 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
76. We use Ruffstuff machined ends with Moog tie rod ends and handle the rest in house
It's a common conversion that works great. You should try it