• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

best place to buy warn axle shafts?

komodo72

Loc.
Tennessee
It's time to spend lots of money up front and wondering where yall have bought your warns from?? And yes its a d44.

msuforeman

I got mine from west coast differentials. I don't remember the cost but they were cheaper then Randys, Reider Racing and 4-wheel parts--Plus they actually took time to talk to me UNLIKE 4WHEEL PARTS. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy anything from 4 Wheel parts. The last few times I called getting price quotes on stuff it took an act of Congress to get them. You would think if someone is spending $3600 they would at least be somewhat nice. I would not give a rats ass if they went out of business and all there stores burnt down. It's just a pet peave(sp) of mine to not get decent service when I'm trying to order something---Screw um!! I feel better now.

Brian

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
If you are gonna spend the money for warn shaft you should considers superior shafts. If you go on pirate4x4 and check them out they are a pretty reputable dealer. I have heard that their axles are stronger then warns for about the same price, but I am not positive.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I was at that exact point a year ago. I researched the different axle shafts and vendors, including prices. I bought Warn shafts from Duff's.

I would also highly recommend either Spicer 760-x or CTM u-joints.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
All the hardcores around here swear up and down that the Moser axles are the best you can get. BC carries them, and for a reasonable price too. They are going in mine as soon as I can afford them. (31sp front, 35sp rear)

*I don't ever want to break an axle, so I will start with the heaviest duty part I can find.*

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Gummi Bear said:
All the hardcores around here swear up and down that the Moser axles are the best you can get. BC carries them, and for a reasonable price too. They are going in mine as soon as I can afford them. (31sp front, 35sp rear)

FYI, when I did my research a year ago, I came to the conclusion that Moser front axles were not nearly as good as Warns. (I have Moser rear axles and agree that they're probably the best for that application.) What I found is that they were having breakage problems on front axles at the u-joint saddle. I have heard that they have recently redesigned that area of their front shafts, so that problem may not exist any more.

I've run Moser rear and Warn front shafts for a year now, with 36" Swampers, doing lots of hard core rock crawling, and I have not had any problems at all with any axle shafts.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
GJBroncoMan said:
FYI, when I did my research a year ago, I came to the conclusion that Moser front axles were not nearly as good as Warns. (I have Moser rear axles and agree that they're probably the best for that application.) What I found is that they were having breakage problems on front axles at the u-joint saddle. I have heard that they have recently redesigned that area of their front shafts, so that problem may not exist any more.

I've run Moser rear and Warn front shafts for a year now, with 36" Swampers, doing lots of hard core rock crawling, and I have not had any problems at all with any axle shafts.

That's good to know. I'll be sure to ask before I buy them. Thanks.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Anyone tried the 4340 shafts that Yukon is selling now? They are cheaper than Warn's and Mosers. The best Dana 60 axle shafts out right now are the 4340 Superior shafts, so I would assume that a 4340 shaft is the way to go up front in a 44.

Jeepincj7

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, CA
Here are the Yukon ones:
http://www.completeoffroad.com/products/i-604_bronco_dana_44_axle_kit_1972-77_yukon.html

The knock on the Moser shafts is that they aren't beefing up the ear like Warn does to theirs. Superior does, and it looks to me from the pics above that Yukon does as well. THat and the Moser warranty isn't a lifetime warranty. Warn has a lifetime warranty on everything except the ears. So if you run CTMs then you should covered for life.

broncobrains

Loc.
Birmingham Alabama
Jeepincj7, I bought a right side Yukon shaft from Randy's. The inner was a Yukon machined for full circle clip the outer stub axle was a Spicer. It was still in its Spicer box with its Spicer part number. I had Spicer shafts from JBG and I wasn't unhappy with them, mine only broke because I lost a couple of caps on the U-joint. I usually tack weld my caps in, but I had a gear change done and failed to check to see if they tacked my caps.