• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone from Salt Lake City Utah remember this shop?

VICTORC

My '69 spent a prior life in Utah. The decal on the vent window survived but the shop looks like a phone store now! The address is 2445 South Main Street.

Attachments

• IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 164

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, but glad you have a good image of it in case you ever want to have a decal shop replicate it. I love old and unique decals on vehicles.
Heck, I'm even starting to appreciate the previously much-hated dealer emblems!
I never used to see them from local dealers in this area, and thought they were a waste of space on the deck lids of most cars I saw them on. Now it's got more nostalgia than most things to see a long-time, or now defunct dealer name plastered on the body.

Paul

OP
OP
V

VICTORC

I love the old decals also. I was curious if anyone knew what years the shop was open. It looks like '70's vintage to me. An era when independent repair shops and parts stores were everywhere, times sure have changed. I also had a change of heart for the dealer emblems, I drove a '67 Buick GS400 in high school and I hated the dealer emblem on the trunk lid, now i wish i had it!
I am restoring the Bronco now and I was going to leave the decal as it is. I like the idea of having it reproduced.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Don't know about the muffler shop but there used to be a Super Shop near there.

gray gables

I can ask my uncle about it, he's lived in salt lake his whole life and has been into cars his whole life.

cs_88

Bronco Guru
Don't know about that shop, but my father in law's shop "Royce's Automotive" was just a few blocks away on Main St.
He just recently retired but he had been there for many years.
From what I understand I guess he was considered to be quite the carburetor/tune up guru.
Too bad he's such an a$$hole.;D

sstclair

It's funny how Broncos get around. My dad had a shop near there in the 70s. There's not much the same down that way now.
-Steve

broncobandit

I'm thinking that's the shop that installed cherry bomb's on my 68 Bronco in the mid 70's.I still got pulled over for being to loud. Or maybe they were checking for beer. Back then the police would make you pour it in gutter then tell you to drive home safely , not today.

OP
OP
V

VICTORC

It's cool to hear the stories guys. Believe it or not around here in the 70's they didn't even make us pour it in the gutter we were told to " get off the main roads if you want to do that". Imagine that today!!!