• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any experience with SP Precision NP-435?

Mazeing

After my third gear synchro on my 3-speed came apart last time I drove it I'm finally needing to upgrade. I've had an NP-435 on my list since I first got the Bronco (in 1994).
I found this one for only $595. They say it's not rebuilt but re-manufactured with upgraded parts designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity. It almost sounds too good to be true so I figured I would check to see if anyone here has had experience with them and whether it was good or bad.

brewchief

No experience with them, looks like 595 plus 200 core plus shipping, I could see it getting close to a grand all said plus you need the adapter to the dana 20 and thats another 300-400.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
if you need to get one, get one from the bronco vendors listed on the front page. support the bronco vendors. my opinion. no experience with the vendor that you posted. is that a 2wd or 4wd?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The picture in that link is for a 4WD version of the NP435. That is the wrong one for a Bronco conversion. The 2WD is the one the Dana 20 adaptor kits work with. And even then it gets picky as you need the 28 spline output shaft. A rebuilder won't count the output shaft splines, they just bolt the output yoke back on that it came with.

I would say ordering a mail order NP435 to adapt to a bronco is a huge roll of the dice. You might get what you need, but the odds are against you. At which point the deal isn't really a deal.

OP
OP
Mazeing

Mazeing

Thanks for the advice.
I think I'll be going with the tranny and adapter from Tom's.
I'm glad I asked those who know.