• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another LUBER in the making

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Used plywood to flip the tub. Wow that beats rolling around on a creeper. I'm going to spray lizard skin and a topcoat of bed liner on the underside.

Thanks for the tips!

k3qB3W3.jpg

c58Gk0K.jpg

k01bjPV.jpg

4KUXdIE.jpg

Last edited:

skinner

Contributor
how did you attach bronco to the wood? is it bolted to the metal frame (that fits into the bronco frame that has casters on it)? I like the ideas of keeping the frame on and doing it that way instead of removing the frame.. got any close up pics or from another angle? thanks in advance, jason

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I just used (4) 1/2" bolts to mount the 1" plywood to the unistrut frame. The only down side of leaving the body on the frame is that in some spots you can't clean and paint between the two. I'm going to fix those spots when I pull the body off the frame.

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I found some bushings that fit on my Bilstein 7100 and the stock rear shock mounts.

D8A4G1J.jpg

Qa1 percision products
Part number 9032-106

Last edited:
OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

I bought (4) f250 mounts to make two longer ones this way I was able to get them the exact length I needed.

9j5xUjv.jpg

8QdH7eK.jpg

Last edited:

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
My last build was a bit like an ICON. Do not paint it BMW blue, paint it like an ICON, in SEM "smoke" color. You will not regret it and you will never have to wax it!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
The plywood rotisserie design you did looks great! I didn't know if I could do it with one sheet or two sheets of plywood. I haven't seen any 1" plywood except in foreign countries. Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Update

I can now officially call my bronco a LUBER!
First test fit of the body back on the finished chassis. Still have to finish building my 331, decide nv3550 or ax15, body and paint.

lxcKgED.jpg

lxcKgED

X7Vr6F3.jpg

IPUnQMm.jpg

gIlkFix.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

Have not posted in a long time

Thought I would post some updated pics.

lRsZSTD.jpg

ogNkZie.jpg

cx9Iy4y.jpg

ncJ4B8v.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
warthog70

warthog70

The little man took one look and is hooked. Sorry its blurry

PHufoZ5.jpg

I built my front and rear bumper. I used epoxy painted and raptor liner.

9gFL0OQ.jpg

jKTWTsJ.jpg

ysjx4mI.jpg

Aflc7vm.jpg

Last edited: