• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another EB at Gas Monkey Garage

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This coming Monday (Apr 7th) another EB will be featured on Fast & Loud. This one looks like a clean boxwood green EB that's uncut. I'm hoping they keep the original color and leave it uncut, but that might not be their style.

For those who have Facebook, here's a link that shows the EB.
https://www.facebook.com/FastNLoudTV

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was able to grab a pic of the EB, so here it is.

Attachments

• 10171193_532671850177250_511170935_n.jpg
    10171193_532671850177250_511170935_n.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 371

bax

Old Member
That sucks. I wish he and foose would just leave these truck alone. nothing to see move along.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
That sucks. I wish he and foose would just leave these truck alone. nothing to see move along.

LOL! I am with Bax on this one. Aren't there Scouts that need rescuing???

Yeah, maybe he didn't buy a RUST BUCKET this time! LOL!!!! He really screwed himself last time with the decision he made by not buying the truck from Jim. LOL!

Hopefully it stays uncut and they don't put plaid inserts in the seats this time! %)

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He will probably lower it, put 22s on it and some one will by it for way too much money. Hope he goes the stock route at least Foose's work is first rate

Broncitis

MEB Founder
That's pretty cool!! I guess Richard really knows how to make a buck!!

After seeing the last Bronco build they did, I would not be so sure of that.

If he had spent an extra $2 or 3K up front on the first one they looked at, he would have made $5-10K+ more in parts and labor savings and had it flipped over a hell of a lot quicker. I see new people in the hobby do that all the time (thinking they are saving money by getting a cheaper one that has rust), but I was surprised to see these guys do that since they should have known better IMO. There is ALWAYS more rust than what you see!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
After seeing the last Bronco build they did, I would not be so sure of that.

If he had spent an extra $2 or 3K up front on the first one they looked at, he would have made $5-10K+ more in parts and labor savings and had it flipped over a hell of a lot quicker. I see new people in the hobby do that all the time (thinking they are saving money by getting a cheaper one that has rust), but I was surprised to see these guys do that since they should have known better IMO. There is ALWAYS more rust than what you see!

They weird thing with that whole build was the fact that they didn't notice the difference between the two trucks! I mean it was obvious to us it seemed but oblivious to them and this is what they do all day! I guess Richard just had his head up his ARSE that day! %)

Totally agree Broncitis! They would have spent WAY LESS time and MONEY had they gone with Option #1. LOL!!!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
After going to their FB page and reading their comment that Aron didn't get to touch it tells me it will be a flip.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
Why do you guys care if the prices go up because these knuckled headed TV shows like to do Broncos. For one it drives the value of a finished Bronco way up because everybody wants one. Also believe it are not there are very few and its getting to be fewer people that can actually do this stuff for themselves anymore. That means that these people buy from vendors which means that there is always a supply of parts. Anyone who built old cars back 30 years ago knows what I am talking about. Hours and hours of walking swap meets looking for parts that weren't available. Just have a wreck in a 32 Studebaker and see how long it takes to find fenders. But the net result of all this is that your parts and vehicle in your possession have gone up in value and there are always half finished projects that were over the head of the owner and paying someone to do it costs them even more. I bought mine for $1000 from one of those guys 8 years ago and sold parts on ebay he had bought and I didn't want for over $1500 by the time I sold it all. That stuff still happens but you might have to pay $5-$8K for the unfinished pile of name brand parts that if you bought them individually would have set you back $10-$15 K.

Personally I watch Fast and Loud for entertainment only I would never buy one of there vehicles. But I do not mind when the value of my bronco continues to rise and keep pace with the cost of a new vehicle.

After building cheap pieces of crap for years and havening trouble finding body parts after a wreck or odd ball chassis or engine pieces I decided I would never build anything again that wasn't popular. Broncos, Mustangs, 55-57 Chevys, A models etc. Every little part and piece is available for these popular vehicles and that's a good thing if you like them. it wouldnt be that way if they weren't popular and I really don't want to go back to spending my weekends walking swap meets or all my time search craigslist and ebay looking for a used POS that I will still pay an arm and a leg for because there is no other option.

Kjmac

Loc.
Monmouth
You do make some good points but who gives a crap if I can buy a quarter panel for th e early Bronco when I can nolonger afford to buy the early Bronco needing the quarter panel! It is great the aftermarket is
Producing replacments, the whole back of my Chevelle is new. What people dont understand is people like Richard just raised a POS rusty jalopy two fold!

Another thing I have seen a lot of while being involved in classics is most people cant see the difference if Foose painted it or Maicco! "That sold at Barrett Jackson for 40k, I will start there!"

I watch all of the shows and really enjoy the entertainment value but lets face it...classics and muscle cars are trendy! Actors and pro atheletes just throw money at cars and dont care what it cost! Im sure Simon Cowell has been jonesing for a Bronco all his life and when he gets rich he is going to buy one! I want to know what he paid for that!

I justwant to add, what did Richard sell the restored rust bucket for to clueless deep pockets?....enough said!

It really makes it impossible for somebody like me who can't do a lot of the work due to MS and chronic back pain from surgeries and Staph infections. We are hoping to get my wifes Bronco restored some dayso she can relive some memories 4 wheeling in it as a girl with her dad who passed when she was 6.

Keep coming with the reproduction parts and tv shows!

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can't believe Richard stoled the Bronco at an auction in Colorado, he got it for $1500!!!!!!

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, the bronco was nothing more than a flip. Richard bought it for $1500, had it shipped to Dallas ($500) parked it on his lot, and sold it for $8,000.