• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Am I better parting out my unfinished project?

utgrad

Loc.
Nashville, TN
So I have a '68 Bronco that came complete and drivable (although on hills it "bucked" when releasing the clutch so probably needs a new clutch or the pressure plate refinished). Anyway so I completely took it apart down to bare frame and now have a baby so don't have time to work on it. It has a 289 V8, 9" Ford rearend, 3 speed manual transmission. It's basically a stock Bronco. The body is usable but not a good candidate for a full restore because it's been patched up etc by previous owners so it will never be perfect (but could be sanded, bondo'd and painted to be a "driver"). Anyway, it's completely apart-should I try to part out the drivetrain pieces, windshield, hood, etc pieces that are good and scrap the rest? I only have about $2,200 in it so if I could get $1,000 I would let it go as a whole project. Any advice?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Try to sell it as a package first. It will be less work of parting and shipping items out. For a price as low as what you are saying you shouldn't have a problem moving it. If you were closer I would buy it right now!
You may get a little more total if you part it out but you have the work of selling each piece and scraping what you cant sell!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I would probably try the whole package route as well for the number you are looking for.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
That's funny, Chris will be on it. I agree with the others, try selling it as a package.

John

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Overall I really doubt you'd get as much trying to part it out. Yes its a bronco but aside from the 9in a 289 and some body parts that may be all you have thats worth much. plus it may take a long time to sell all the parts. Dont scrap it in any case someone will take it off your hands.
Id sell it as a whole up the price say to maybe $1500 or even your $2200 that your into it for then you can allow for some haggling. If its not getting takers then you can lower the price.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Dana 30, small bearing rear end, stock three speed, stock 289. Minimal value to any of those parts and finding buyers for them will take forever. Much better idea to sell as is.

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Sell it as a project or try to hold on to it if you can and just put it on the back burner. I have a 11 week old baby and a five year old project the project will get done it just takes time and a good wife.

bobscott

If you still have this, and it has a title, I wouldn't mind taking a peek at it as a package deal.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
X2 on the title, does it match the frames vin and or glove box door?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
If you want to send me photos I will be happy to post them up for you, just send me a pm and I will get you my email addy.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Here are the pictures he sent me.

Attachments

• Bronco 1.jpg
    Bronco 1.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Bronco 2.JPG
    Bronco 2.JPG