• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1997 Explorer 5.0

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was just given a 1997 Explorer truck..complete...5.0. What's the "good stuff" that comes with one of those?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Engine
Tranny
Fuel injection
Serp system
Are good for eb's

The rear axle is popular with Jeepers

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
street rodders use the rear disc brake rear end. i would buy the pump assembly and wiring (male/female connection) for the pump from you. the awd trans bolts directly to np205 or an atlas type transfer. the 2wd makes a good conversion trans with an aa adapter.

PaveBronco

don't forget all the wiring, and computer so be careful when cutting the body up.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool...sounds like I scored pretty good. Guy just wanted it out of his yard where it had been abandoned by previous tenant due to some drivability problems with the front end. It also has a lift, some nice aluminum wheels and some really wide tires..33s at least but maybe larger. More to sell. ;)

I'll drag it to the shop and start taking it apart...

ame

I just pulled the power train out of my 96 last night so if anyone wants some other items from the body or chassis let me know, hope to haul it all off to scrap by the end of the week.

When you go to pull the engine plan in it taking much longer then expected, the drivers side motor mount about doubles the time it takes to pull everything out with lots of swearing involved.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used the part of the fuel tank where the pump bolts in to build my own tank so I'd have an internal pump, and then cut a hole in the bed to access it and a patch panel to bolt down over it for cover.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
When you go to pull the engine plan in it taking much longer then expected, the drivers side motor mount about doubles the time it takes to pull everything out with lots of swearing involved.
with him doing it. it will be more corona and a torch;D

ame

Step one:
Use a Sawzall to cut the core support out of the way.

Thats what I did and it helped alot. If you use a Torch dont forget about the fuel lines that run right next to the motor mount mount........ I already thought about that one

jPtBvSaox28hETdr2

Last edited: