• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Bronco VIN help please

Redtractor

Loc.
Maybee (SE-MI)
Just got a 1977 Bronco home, looked on the net and in the Bronco Grave Yard catalog and was not able to completely de-code the VIN

Questions ...Bronco production was 14K for 1977, my VIN sequence is: Y31472 I could not find what the Y represents, and the seq# in not making since, Espically since the MFD = 3/77

Just curious, would like to know the exact "birthday"

Thanks...BB

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Greetings and welcome to the Bronco website!

Y31472 is this the last digits? Please provide thew entire VIN

I don't have everything in front of me at the moment, but I'm thinking the Y is the assembly plant. I have a Z which was made at Michigan truck.

I'll assume your 77' was also an Auto transmission as most of them were.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Y31472 is the sequence number. Early Broncos were all built at the Mich. Truck plant. Assembly plant code is the "L" just before the sequence number.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
A Marti Report would tell you the exact day it was made, plus the dealership it was sold from and what all it came with. But yours was likely April or May of '77.