• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 U15 stock 302 factory clutch size?

Bustedbroc

Contributor
Hi folks, working my way thru repairs on my newly acquired 1974 302 Bronco. I noticed it had some clutch chatter while backing into my garage. What is the factory clutch size for this Bronco? I see just about all the listings are for an 11" clutch but do see references (Tom's Offroad), to a 10". Did Ford increase the size from a 10" to an 11" sometime during the trucks manufacture run? I would like to purchase the parts before I pull the trans and I plan on having the flywheel re-surfaced. The oil pan gasket and rear main seal were leaking so they will be replaced also. I am assuming it still has the original clutch installed which leads me to can I put a diaphragm clutch on the original lever type flywheel? Thanks in advance. FM

Last edited:

AC932

Contributor
Should be 11", and should be no issue putting a diaphragm type on.

OP
OP
Bustedbroc

Bustedbroc

Contributor
Should be 11", and should be no issue putting a diaphragm type on.
Thank you AC932. I'm now thinking it is probably best to wait until I have the old parts out before I go ahead and order new.