• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 Baja Barn Find (Barney)

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
For those that asked the Bronco is running great. Today weather was in the low 80's. Very nice for us and the truck.
First part of the trip we were adding about 1/2 qt of oil a day but last two days nothing. It likes the road apparently. Big run for the final day tomorrow. 275 miles to Bowling Green.
We got a chance to run over the Indy Speedway. Too late for the museum but we're able to take some pics. The museum is located inside the track. Very cool and awesome to see it for the first time
33f0232fac42b4a62e10e37a04e2ebe1.jpg

4aa26da2914f6a2f0949036372afa9e4.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wish you could've gotten inside to visit one of your truck's cousins inside.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
Just realized I already posted a Gateway Broncos pic. The days did kind of run together... had a nice chat with Seth
He's got a real nice shop and some really cool broncos as well.
97fc989831c0418adf010d3c8b54eff0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
We had a few options to get back to Kansas City. We decided to drive it back the 520 miles in one shot. It was a long day and the temps got warm and humid the last two hours but we made it. The truck ran great. It's amazing to think a year ago it was pulled from a half barn after sitting for over 15 years.
It got thumbs up and waves all along the way. We were the only early Bronco on the tour. We really enjoyed the challenge of driving in and completing the long haul. Next time though I'd do it in a vehicle with AC and overdrive.:cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...Next time though I'd do it in a vehicle with AC and overdrive.:cool:

I hear that!
Great trip and thanks for sharing it with us. You'll love it with the O/D and A/C options. And pretty "easy" to do in an EB too. Especially the way I did it... Buy it already done!

Auto w/OD (4R70w) isn't so bad, but the air-conditioning was a real pain. It hurt just knowing what Doug had to go through to make it work. Glad it wasn't me trying to make it all fit and function. But work they do.
Even with 4.56's and 31's the freeway is a breeze. And even though the heater is mia at the moment, the A/C works a treat, as Edd used to say.

You going to get invited again next year?

Paul

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
You going to get invited again next year?

Paul

Anyone can register any car. We'll see where the route goes for next year.

Looking back on my first post in this thread it says we wanted to get it road worthy. I say mission accomplished on that! Thanks to my brother Bill for doing all the work.

House

Minutia Militia
Good job getting Winchy up and going and representing the Bronco community so well guys! :cool:

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
Got a cool pic made. They had a vendor that photoshopped onto various backgrounds. The actual pic is us pulling into arrowhead stadium
50f4f5672a773484a25b86032e4e3bcc.jpg

OP
OP
andyp

andyp

Contributor
After basking in the glory of completing the power tour we have decided to do some more work on The Baja. The original 302 is tired and leaky. We're pulling the engine for a rebuild and clean the engine bay while it's out. The start of another chapter in the life of this truck.
1a66b94135702f31d23430fe0a8bdcd8.jpg