• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 uncut U15 new owner new member

k7grc

Loc.
Banks, OR
Hi.
New to this site. I just picked up a new-to-me, 1966 U15, looks all original, and in fair to good condition. I haven't found any rust or major body damage.
As I dig into this thing, I hope to find answers here..
Here is my first question.
The Bronco has the bulkhead behind the front seats, and it came with a rear seat, that isn't bolted down. The tub doesn't have holes for the rear seat. I'll be posting detailed pictures later.

DSC08322.jpg

DSC08323.jpg

DSC08324.jpg

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
looks like a decent rig. It was common to have a bulk head in early models when no rear seat was ordered. The bulkhead was used to keep stuff from finding its way forward when stopping or down steep hills. The PO probably accquired the rear seat but just never installed it. You'll have to drill your own holes.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Nice custom paint job on the tailgate %)

Welcome to the board. Looks like you've got a good foundation to start with.

66halfdone

Loc.
St Louis
Nice looking rig. No rust is a huge thing. The secondary gas tank was probably not original. Everything else looks stock. What are your plans.

OP
OP
k7grc

k7grc

Loc.
Banks, OR
extra gas tank

Nice looking rig. No rust is a huge thing. The secondary gas tank was probably not original. Everything else looks stock. What are your plans.

I was told that when I bought it. He did say it was installed at the dealer later in its life.

I have a 12 year old grandson, this is going to be our project. We plan a complete frame off restore, keeping the Bronco as original to it year as possible.

We won't be replacing the extra fuel tank, or the electric windshield wipers(not sure on this one), back to stock.

I have been looking for an uncut Bronco for years, very hard to find here on the west coast. Found this one at the swap meet, can't believe no one had grab her up before me.

I'm sure once we dive into this we will be asking lots of questions, this forum looks like a good place to find answers.

Gordon

Last edited:

4lofun

i am just started with my 66 restoration. yours looks real fine..i plan to go right back to origonal. hope you do same.. nice find for yourself