• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pictures from Hot Springs with a little Bonus

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I'm back from my weekend run to the Superlift Park in Hot Springs. Brian (msuforeman) and I wheeled with some Big Broncos and a couple of well set up jeeps all weekend. Damage was minimal to the Broncos, but extensive to Brian's margarita ingredients. I'm too lazy to edit my pictures so here's a link to all of them. We ran a bunch of trails for 2+ days and it was awesome. Everyone within a reasonable distance shoud plan on being there for OCBR on the last weekend of September.

I also stumbled across a little bonus on the way home which might have elevated my weekend to perfect status. Check out what I found (and bought) in a barn on the way home.

1970 Half Cab (Sorry, I said Roadster earlier) - runs great; hardly any rust; floor is almost perfect and doors shut like they were new. It's been this guy's farm truck since he bought it in 1985. It just need some minor body work and new paint job. The only thing I could find that didn't work was the gauge cluster. A couple of questionable mods from previous owners, but nothing major. Don't ask how much I paid for it, because I won't tell you. A set of 33" tires will cost you more though. See ya in Hot Springs in late September.

Here's the link to the pictures: ENJOY!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/steph...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Last edited:

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Some nice pictures there. I really like the pink ones ;) . Is that a southern store in that one picture ( Murphy USA ) ? ;D

I hope to find a way to get down there in the fall. Don't know if I'll be looking through anybodys barns though. I heard they shoot Yankees down there ;D

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Was there a "for sale" sign or did you just walk up and ask to see the bronco? Then say..."wanna sell it?"

OP
OP
texashcane

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
My girlfriend and I were driving down a small highway and saw it sitting in the barn as we drove buy. We looked at each other and said "Was that a half cab in that barn back there?" We turned around and decided to check it out. I just walked up and asked if he wanted to sell the bronco. He said "Yes" and we worked it out.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
WHAT A FIND! Will your new addition be attending OCBR? ;D

Glad you like the park and we'll look forward to meet'n & wheel'n
with you in Sept.

Right now - we're trying to get everyone to get their registrations in

GOTTA HAVE THOSE NUMBERS FOR T-SHIRTS AND FOOD!!!!!!! :eek:
Mail'em TODAY!

OP
OP
texashcane

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I'll have two there. I think I was about the first one to register. If we get my girlfriend's trail rig finished in time, we'll bring it. Otherwise this one will be there with my 68. She was holding out on her registration because hers is going to be close, but she'll be sending it in now.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
msuforeman - will you be attending OCBR this year?
Look like you all had a blast!

msuforeman

I'm going to do my best. I talked to my boss yesterday about it. I have to either rebuild my auto tranny or go to a manual. Either way I will know within a week or so.

Brian

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
texashcane said:
Don't ask how much I paid for it, because I won't tell you. A set of 33" tires will cost you more though. See ya in Hot Springs in late September.

That alone makes for a great weekend in my book. I am always looking in backyards looking for the "deal". Have fun with it!

J.D.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
MSU- did you go to OCBR year before last? I thought I saw your rig and trailed with you but didn't see the same rig there last year.

texashcane- I'm not interested in the exact price...but was it amazing cheap or quite high? :)

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Well if it went for about the price of a set of 33's, you could say anwhere from $700 to about $1100. That's cheap!

J.D.

msuforeman

sfaforester said:
MSU- did you go to OCBR year before last? I thought I saw your rig and trailed with you but didn't see the same rig there last year.

No sir I did not. My rig was still in a bjillion pieces this time last year.

Brian

OP
OP
texashcane

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Great Fortune Continues!!

My great week continues. I just got an email tellling me that I won a drawing for a Magellan GPS for attending the Bronco Zone Event last Weekend