• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Yep, tightened it up one pull too much. Lol. One of my friends always said, “tighten it up until JUST BEFORE it wrings into.” I followed his instructions until the day I actually did twist a bolt into in a more inconvenient place than where you did.
Just glad it came out for you fairly easily.

Randy

Contributor
Yep, tightened it up one pull too much. Lol. One of my friends always said, “tighten it up until JUST BEFORE it wrings into.” I followed his instructions until the day I actually did twist a bolt into in a more inconvenient place than where you did.
Just glad it came out for you fairly easily.

Randy

I had the two bolts screwed into the balancer, and in a serpentine tool to hold the balancer while I torque the crank bolt down.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Finally finished a project, albeit a small one. Rebuilt the “clamshell” main tank holder/skid plate. I decided to try and resurrect the raggedy original clamshell because…well, for one, didn’t want to spend the $$ for a replacement and the other reason was I was told it wasn’t fixable.

Some before and after pics.

Cleaned the inside with angle grinder and flap discs. Wiped it down with acetone. Fiberglass and resin to cover the multitude of gaps, holes, rips and just generally rusted spots.
Feels good to get something completed. On to the next on the list.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3449.jpeg
    IMG_3449.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3450.jpeg
    IMG_3450.jpeg
    271.1 KB · Views: 39

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Got it (update: barely) running with TermX, got the sizing for the covers for the cowl panels, and have lot of cleaning up to do but another upgrade on EFI. Been upgrading EFI to SEFI over and over since 1994!

Attachments

• 20240512_180055.jpg
    20240512_180055.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

joshua

Contributor
Getting the 77 9 inch mocked up to make sure I have everything for it. I was planning on taking back apart to store it in my spare bedroom after assembly, cuz my garage is pretty packed.

Decided that was dumb. Keep it all together, less chance to loose stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpeg
    IMG_4650.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 27

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
Turned the key on for the 1st time in 2-3yrs!

Fuel system
Hydro clutch
Power brakes
4G alternator
Block/inner fender grounds
Modified Ford motorsport pass header

(Had a day off of work!)

Almost time to turn it to “Crank”

Need oil, check everything, enough exhaust for a 02 sensor…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Dialed the timing back 6 deg, lowered red line by 350rpm (after buzzing a little high) dropped hp & torque down to a healthy 600hp/660tq after 6 1/2 hours on the dyno. Gotta love new parts that didn't function (IAC) on the new throttle body. Have a little bit more dialing in to do but it's nice to be rolling again.

Wasted spark, no ls coils, 2 Holley ph techs said I couldn't do it. Had some help here by a couple great guys.

Tuner in Florida had it so mess up after 27 datalogs that it wouldn't run.

One trip to a guy that DID know how to tune has it running. Lot's of different with this setup...

Attachments

• 20240515_110023.jpg
    20240515_110023.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20240515_161340.jpg
    20240515_161340.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Took my Bronco to a local Jeep event "Go Topless Day" which happened to be raining off and on today.
I was one of 2 classicbroncos that showed up at the pre meet before convoy to area. Pulled into parking lot and had to pass everyone. Felt the eyes on me as I idled by.

Lawndart

Loc.
Mystery solved??

A couple weeks back my Bronco would not start. It would fire, cough and try to catch, but it was firing rough - to the point I thought the timing chain jumped.
Through trying to get it started and then diagnose, the battery got low. I put it on the charger and walked away without a solution (timing, compression, fuel, spark - all OK).

It has always fired right up cold with one pedal pump.
Next day, it fired right up and I drove it for a couple days - no issues. The battery was almost 8 years old and since it fired right up after charging it, I decided the battery had a cell was bad or something worst internally. Bought a new battery and been fine since.

Off on a week long camp/trout fishing trip with the Bronco. Rained and rained and rained. On the 4th day during a rain break, I jumped in the Bronco to go somewhere. Nope, it would fire, cough and try to catch, but it was firing rough just as before. Crap. And a long way from home or a full tool set. We swapped a battery from my friend's truck and I finally got it to catch. Ran rough, but ran. Several minutes later it smoothed out and all was well. For sanity and testing, I put my battery in his truck - his started fine - ugh... Decided it was not the battery, but a mystery. Drove it from time to time the rest of the week and then back home with no issues.

On the way home, I had plenty of drive time to consider this mystery. Condition wise, what was the same between these events? Then I thought - rain. The first time, it had rained for a week at home. Once back and settled, I grabbed a good light and a good pair of glasses - BINGO! Hard to see, but check the center post at approx 9 o-clock.
Darn cheap auto store cap lasted 60,000 miles. Well, it still works - mainly on good weather days. Reminds me of Toby - "I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

53734426006_887373e1eb_b.jpg

NJBronk

Contributor
Finally got around to stripping and painting the stock style air cleaner I bought in the fall. The metal part of the snorkel is still in the rust remover bath, and I have the duct that connects to the core support on the way.

Before.jpg Stripped.jpg

Primer 1.jpg Primer 2.jpg

Painted 1.jpg Painted 2.jpg

After.jpg

joshua

Contributor
Got sick of not being able to move my top around after I pull it off. Made a cart out bed frames. Don’t pass up on the free bed frames on marketplace place boys.

Attachments

• IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4682.jpeg
    IMG_4682.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 27

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Removed my power steering pump to send it back to West Texas Offroad to get rebuilt. WTO rebuilt and ported it about 8 years ago. I've been have steering issues for a while now and I've tried a bunch of things to correct it. New ball joints, new heim joints on the steering linkage, toe-in adjustments, added adjustable track bar and it keeps getting worse! The steering is jerky and oversteers mainly to the left. This is the last thing I can think of to fix the problem!

IMG_3992.JPG