• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1,200 HP jet engine powered Bronco, been done already, in the 80s

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Back in the mid 80's I remember seeing the worlds first jet engine powered mud racers. It was before I was really into Broncos. But I did remember it and I always thought it was a Bronco. But I could never find anything in searches. Until now. I present you the Silver Eagle.

_20220626_183546.JPG

Today I was cleaning some boxes of old stuff my parents dumped on me. To be fair, it was all my stuff. Just left in there house when I moved out. Well in that stuff was an event program. I kept it, didn't even know I did.
DSC_3602~2.JPG

In the program was an ad for a video. OH YEA! There is video of it running. And someone even uploaded it.
the 5:48 mark if I didn't get the link right.
Even better for me, the 6:13 time stamp was the actual event that I saw it at in Arrowhead stadium. That may have been the very same event where Bearfoot ran over school buses in the video as well. I remember it was a big deal that they went from running over cars to running over school buses.
A little more research, the vehicle was parted out a long time ago.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Back in the mid 80's I remember seeing the worlds first jet engine powered mud racers. It was before I was really into Broncos. But I did remember it and I always thought it was a Bronco. But I could never find anything in searches. Until now. I present you the Silver Eagle.

View attachment 884863

Today I was cleaning some boxes of old stuff my parents dumped on me. To be fair, it was all my stuff. Just left in there house when I moved out. Well in that stuff was an event program. I kept it, didn't even know I did.
View attachment 884864

In the program was an ad for a video. OH YEA! There is video of it running. And someone even uploaded it.
the 5:48 mark if I didn't get the link right.
Even better for me, the 6:13 time stamp was the actual event that I saw it at in Arrowhead stadium. That may have been the very same event where Bearfoot ran over school buses in the video as well. I remember it was a big deal that they went from running over cars to running over school buses.
A little more research, the vehicle was parted out a long time ago.
Looks like that Bronco had the same problem that a lot of the street rigs have - they don't stop very well! Had to go through the whole 29 minutes of that Bowsher! The announcers are pure entertainment themselves. Such great memories of that era - monster trucks crushing cars, mud bogging, tractor pulls, ATC racing, etc. I loved the monster trucks.

Todd Z.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I've got color pictures of this at home. I'll get them uploaded later today. I believe this was built not far from where I live.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I just saw this old thread!! Pretty dang cool. :)