• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Update on Build and Questions on Wiring and Injectors

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So we figured out the universal switch I am using needed a jumper wire from the S terminal. So we are firing and the injectors are getting fuel and pulse, but not squirting. So I have tow questions. 1. Anybody using Garry’s harness have a wiring diagram for stock ignition, or a recommended replacement switch. I want solve this problem before body goes back on. 2. I am going to purchase new injectors, are there any manufacturers to avoid? I could clean these, but I have a fresh engine and I don’t want to risk a stuck or bad lnjector. Rock auto has Standard brand for 25 each.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Last time I used Standard brand parts for anything, they turned out BE the problem (distributor cap/rotor W/aluminum components).

IMO, they would be just a step above Amazon no brand Chinese.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last time I used Standard brand parts for anything, they turned out BE the problem (distributor cap/rotor W/aluminum components).

IMO, they would be just a step above Amazon no brand Chinese.
JB, Garry suggested rebuilding original for that very reason.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I haven't tried them yet. But Mr Injector came recommended by a few friends who have used him. And I think I had them back in less than two weeks.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
How did Mr. Injector do?
They have cleaned a couple of sets of mine for the Explorer 5.0, very happy with their work and pretty quick turnaround.

(Sorry I haven't responded to your PM yet, I'm on vacation in Idaho and heading to Oregon next)

71 CA Bronco

I had the same question for Garry when I did my explorer swap. He said to just soak them in injector cleaner and run em. Its been running strong for five years now. Even better to send them off as stated above. I would be leary of anything not OEM. My 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Enjoy your vacation, my PM can wait for sure.
I had the same question for Garry when I did my explorer swap. He said to just soak them in injector cleaner and run em. Its been running strong for five years now. Even better to send them off as stated above. I would be leary of anything not OEM. My 2 cents worth.
Mine are soaking, have several sets, undecided. I am not buying any aftermarket ones. Mine are completely clogged as in no gas in the cylinders.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Yeah, don't buy injectors just because they might be the problem. Cleaning is a good idea if they might be dirty, but they might not be.

New O-rings for sure. I made an Oring post somewhere if you can find it or you can buy an O-ring kit...but if they do that when you send them to Mr Injector, then that makes it more worth it.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, don't buy injectors just because they might be the problem. Cleaning is a good idea if they might be dirty, but they might not be.

New O-rings for sure. I made an Oring post somewhere if you can find it or you can buy an O-ring kit...but if they do that when you send them to Mr Injector, then that makes it more worth it.
They are not squirting, they have fuel and pressure and are pulsing. We will see if I can get them clean enough to spray. I will make a decision on sending them off after I clean them and get them working.

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
I made an Oring post somewhere if you can find it or you can buy an O-ring kit...but if they do that when you send them to Mr Injector, then that makes it more worth it.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Soak them, then take and old injector connector and hook it to a 9volt battery. pulse the injector and they should clear. Buy the screen and oring kit and you are good to go!