• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duff's new tilt passenger seat mount

Galt72

Contributor
Just installed Duffs new seat mount. It's pretty straight forward install. Instructions say you may need extra shims under the leg portion of the mount. It comes with just one in the box.. I had to
order 3 more and I'm still slightly low but not noticeable when u sit in the seat. There seems to be plenty of room to get behind the seat now. The seats I use are 2016 ish leather Dodge Caravan "stow and go"second row seats. You can see when flipped forward the head rest folds into the seat and the back then lays flat. Had to fab my own seat mounts out of flat stock but that was easy enough.

bronco standing.jpg Bronco half.jpg Bronco full tilt.jpg

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The way that seat folds up, it almost looks like the factory hinge setup would work just as well.
My seats tip forward but not like that and the tall headrest runs into stuff. Curious if the Duff scissor thing would move mine far enough forward to be worth while.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
I could have still moved the seat forward a couple more inches for the picture. It was set with the seat trac all the way back. The factory hinge has no way to
lock the seat down without the rear latch. I definitely had moments where I thinking was it worth it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Those middle row seats look like a good option for our trucks. We used to have a guy here in the Phoenix area that had dozens of those for sale. I went with friends more than once to pick out a set or two for their rigs.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
Those middle row seats look like a good option for our trucks. We used to have a guy here in the Phoenix area that had dozens of those for sale. I went with friends more than once to pick out a set or two for their rigs.

Todd Z.
Ya, they are reasonably comfortable. easy to install and mount really low to the floor so I can see out the windshield.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
The way that seat folds up, it almost looks like the factory hinge setup would work just as well.
My seats tip forward but not like that and the tall headrest runs into stuff. Curious if the Duff scissor thing would move mine far enough forward to be worth while.
The factory mechanism works with low back seats well but high back buckets hit the roof before going all the way forward. That led to all of the Bronco II track conversions when they were readily available. I have been looking for a good source for the right Bronco II tracks for a year without finding good ones.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
The factory mechanism works with low back seats well but high back buckets hit the roof before going all the way forward. That led to all of the Bronco II track conversions when they were readily available. I have been looking for a good source for the right Bronco II tracks for a year without finding good ones.
I looked into that over the past year and wasn't having any luck finding one either.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I'm still looking for one for anyone that needs it. They were not plentiful even back in the day but I did find them. I occasionally find BII's in the yards but they're always '86-newer.

Todd Z.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I love it!

Insuring that product has to be so spendy. My bumperlifts are spendy, I can't imagine a seat and how much that would be.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
Nicely done! I hadn't seen those seats as an option before.
Can't take all the credit. Some years ago there was a post by someone else who had used the seats. IMO they are a really good fit and don't look crazy in the bronco.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
I love it!

Insuring that product has to be so spendy. My bumperlifts are spendy, I can't imagine a seat and how much that would be.
With the seat mount , extra shims and shipping it's north of $700. It's more of a want cause IMO it's over priced for what it is...

Bonefizz

Contributor
Loc.
The poor house
I just put these seats in my Suzuki Samurai! I got a pair of black leather Caravan seats, 2nd row, for $100 on Marketplace. Custom bracket from a Suzuki vendor and Sunday afternoon later, they look great and work great. Should have saved them for my Bronco, I guess.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I guess it isn't overpriced because they are backordered and I just spent my money ordering one. I definitely think not having the spacers included is ridiculous. We will see if I need more.

OP
OP
Galt72

Galt72

Contributor
I guess it isn't overpriced because they are backordered and I just spent my money ordering one. I definitely think not having the spacers included is ridiculous. We will see if I need more.
Oh, btw I had to bend the arm that holds the pin. As it came, the pin wouldn't engage/hold. Maybe it got tweeked in shipping. Quick work with a large C wrench and all was good. Just something to look out for... It's seems kinda wonky but once it's all bolted in and the seats on it all works great.

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Oh, btw I had to bend the arm that holds the pin. As it came, the pin wouldn't engage/hold. Maybe it got tweeked in shipping. Quick work with a large C wrench and all was good. Just something to look out for... It's seems kinda wonky but once it's all bolted in and the seats on it all works great.
LOL, kinda wonky $650 seat bracket that may require more parts for installation and I bought it knowing that. The other area this seems prevalent is the swing away spare tire carriers. Luckily, I think I can fabricate one of those.