• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tire question- letters out or not?

SeaVee

Contributor
So, I am not a fan of the white letters showing. All my trucks have the mounted on the inside, I just think it looks cleaner. However, both the mechanic and body guy working on my 77 say mount them letters out as it’s period correct. We are trying to make it look exactly as it rolled off the assembly line, except for a 2.5 inch lift and 30 x9.5 x 15 BFG’s. Factory hubcaps as well.
What say you, EB brain trust?

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
Two words: personal preference. Don’t let someone else influence what you do to your truck. You have to live with it. Listen to professionals when it comes to mechanical decisions but appearance is all on you. You have to walk out every day and see it.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Factory tires did not come with white letters. Factory correct would probably be white wall out on a 77. If you're looking for the "rolled off the assembly line" look go with white walls or black walls, not letters. If you've already bought white letter tires mount them in.

Image.jpg

That said (!) I mounted my BFG mud terrains on our 74 stock Ranger white letters out with stock hub caps. I like the look!

IMG_3436.jpeg

Last edited:

mebco09

Old cars/trucks= letters out. Reminds me of the 80s when these trucks were everywhere.

New trucks=letters in. The lower profile sidewalls look weird with letters.

Just my 2c