• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Winter Wonderland!!

No Hay

Bronco Guru
There was chatter here last year for a snow run, but we didn't have any! On a roll this year already. Best snow this early on Mt. Hood in 5 yrs. We should plan one, but hope it doesn't go like JSmall's cousin's adventure! ;D I'd freeze after three days.

Went skiing this week and there was someone there with bigger nads than me!

Attachments

• mh2.jpg
    mh2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 80
  • mh1.jpg
    mh1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 68

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great clip.

Not really ready for that white stuff here yet, lol

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
No Snow this year in SE Michigan. Last years
image_zps01c0e44f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps17e3ba18.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsu59bj9yv.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
There was chatter here last year for a snow run, but we didn't have any! On a roll this year already. Best snow this early on Mt. Hood in 5 yrs. We should plan one, but hope it doesn't go like JSmall's cousin's adventure! ;D I'd freeze after three days.

Went skiing this week and there was someone there with bigger nads than me!

lol. Gotta have some damn good heated gear riding that

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
Sierra Nevada mountains. Late Oct. hunting season. Everything was hunkered down from the snow so I just went wheelin' instead.

Attachments

• DSCN0141.jpg
    DSCN0141.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 61

WARDOG

Loc.
Graniteville, CA
Here's some video from my Saturday run

Looks like fun. Were you alone?

I was itching to go out for a snow run in the middle of nowhere. Decided to bring along a buddy in case I got seriously stuck or had a break down.
I just completed a complete rebuild from the radiator to tailpipe in Sept.
The day before the run, I was loading up my snow gear + tools, etc. and letting the 800 miles 'NEW' 408 Stroker idle. The engine stopped and after some diagnosing discovered that my 800 mile 'new' HEI GM distributor lost the lower seal and allowed oil to mix with the pulverized Chinese rubber seal to make a paste that coated the reluctor ring and pick-up sensor. Brake Klean didn't budge it. I carry spare parts to rebuild the distributor on the trail but this one would have left me stranded. The shaft, weights & reluctor star were press fit together so it couldn't be dismantled for cleaning.
Anyway, I am bringing a buddy with me on snow runs from now on because you never know.
UPS just brought me a full 'USA' MSD set-up + spare parts that can be rebuilt on the trail. The only things worse than Chinese junk is Chinese rubber.

Attachments

• DSCN0153.jpg
    DSCN0153.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 43

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
The intro music with the engine revving is pretty sick. Great video.

Hard to go wrong with Uncle Ted. Wish my transfer wasn't so loud.

Looks like fun. Were you alone?

I was itching to go out for a snow run in the middle of nowhere. Decided to bring along a buddy in case I got seriously stuck or had a break down.
I just completed a complete rebuild from the radiator to tailpipe in Sept.
The day before the run, I was loading up my snow gear + tools, etc. and letting the 800 miles 'NEW' 408 Stroker idle. The engine stopped and after some diagnosing discovered that my 800 mile 'new' HEI GM distributor lost the lower seal and allowed oil to mix with the pulverized Chinese rubber seal to make a paste that coated the reluctor ring and pick-up sensor. Brake Klean didn't budge it. I carry spare parts to rebuild the distributor on the trail but this one would have left me stranded. The shaft, weights & reluctor star were press fit together so it couldn't be dismantled for cleaning.
Anyway, I am bringing a buddy with me on snow runs from now on because you never know.
UPS just brought me a full 'USA' MSD set-up + spare parts that can be rebuilt on the trail. The only things worse than Chinese junk is Chinese rubber.

408, if only :cool:

Yeah, I was alone. I obviously prefer to go with someone, but I carry snowshoes and my backpack. I can take care of myself, but leaving the Bronco could be a disaster that I don't like to think about.

I do have a little experience with distributor problems in the middle of nowhere though.

Drove home ;D
distributorfix.jpg

EB70

Contributor
Here's mine. I have since been using it. Crested at 3' near Crater Lake. Lots more at the lake though.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 47

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Edges can be problematic, I could show you much worse if I had pics :p. But judging by some of his videos I think Nobody takes the cake for edgey-ness.

Thanks guys. Lets hope the camera is rolling when I finally do take the plunge. :eek:

LOL. NO Plunges Please. Great scenery for your Videos & Pics though.

I know y'all are having a blast. One of these days I'll break mine out in the snow. Need my top back on and to get the heat working better