• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses On Trac shipping?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
How long has Wild Horses been doing shipping with On Trac? I just logged on to track my order from Wild Horses and it comes up as On Trac shipping. I have heard the name but I have never seen an On Trac delivery truck where I live in Northern Colorado. I checked out there website and it says they do deliver to Colorado "Major Metropolitan Areas". Just Curious about it because my Wild Horses orders have always come UPS. Anyone else in Colorado received a shipment via On Trac? I'm actually a UPS driver so the fact that I have never seen them here has me mildly concerned. Another thought I had was that On Trac may contract with UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS in outlying areas. I don't really care who delivers it as long as it arrives in one piece and when its supposed to. The tracking says I'll have it tomorrow so I guess I'll know soon enough.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'm in Cali, but I've received plenty of shipments from On trac, on time and in one piece, mostly in one day.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I'm in Cali, but I've received plenty of shipments from On trac, on time and in one piece, mostly in one day.

I'm sure it will be fine, I just have never seen them here. I did see the On Trac trucks in Cali when I was out there earlier this year.

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
What did you get? I just had a delivery from them... Arrived Monday from UPS. Your not that far from me, wonder if On Trac is working there way into new territories

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Also, it took me about 3-4 deliveries before i felt comfortable with them. But they did good by my book.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos

I am also in Cali and have had packages delivered by On-Trac from WH and from Amazon. No problems so far....but I know that does not help you in knowing the availability in Colorado. Good luck!!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I get packages from On-Trac all the time. Usually larger or strange shaped, but smaller packages too.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I think Paul said they've been using them for a few months now. Its nice to have another alternative to try and keep prices down. Amazon uses On-Trac almost exclusively seems like in my area, love my prime 2 day shipping!

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
It appears that my concerns with On Trac shipping were valid. I got off work and found no package from Wild Horses on my door step. I tracked it again and the tracking still shows that it will be delivered today but its 7pm so I call the 800 number to see whats up. They informed me that the package arrived in Salt Lake City 30 minutes prior to my call. It still needs to make its way to Denver and then up to me an hour north of Denver. I asked what held the package up and they placed the blame on Wild Horses ( I don't really believe them but thats what they said ). Perhaps it will make it tomorrow but I'm thinking it will be Monday before I see my shipment. Its not a major problem but I can say my first impressions of On Trac are not very good. I understand why Wild Horses would give them a try (More shipping options, pricing, etc. ) but I will not be placing my Wild Horses orders on line any longer. In the Future I will pick up the phone and call so I can specifically request that my order be shipped with UPS or Fed Ex.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to dissuade you from calling CasadeJ. We always like to talk on the phone.
But you can specifically request UPS or "not OnTrac" in the notes section of an online order if you want to.

I didn't know they were going farther afield either. It was just a CA thing and the advantage to us was that they get there earlier and are more often a 1-day delivery within the region.

Anything that's processed later in the day goes UPS by default because they're here later in the day. I don't know what the percentages are, but our UPS shipments are still very large and we're happy to use them.
No plans to change that anytime soon that I'm aware of.

Sorry yours was delayed. When did you order it?

Paul

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My On-Trac experience has been pretty good so far. The only thing I had an issue with was one day the guy carried the two leaf springs or maybe 4 and dropped them on my cement porch and cracked the paint on the porch. I mentioned it to him and he said "Sorry, it got away from me." Which is understandable....but the next two times it was different people delivering and always seems to be. My UPS delivery guy knows the drill and even carries the stuff back to the shop (visible from street), and is always the same guy. Food for thinking about and stuff.

strokers

On trac /California overnight is the low rent version of ups. Always different drivers always take 2 days to deliver using the same excuse they can't find the address not sure they are smart enough to use Google maps.
I will remember the "no-off trac " in notes

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Not to dissuade you from calling CasadeJ. We always like to talk on the phone.
But you can specifically request UPS or "not OnTrac" in the notes section of an online order if you want to.

I didn't know they were going farther afield either. It was just a CA thing and the advantage to us was that they get there earlier and are more often a 1-day delivery within the region.

Anything that's processed later in the day goes UPS by default because they're here later in the day. I don't know what the percentages are, but our UPS shipments are still very large and we're happy to use them.
No plans to change that anytime soon that I'm aware of.

Sorry yours was delayed. When did you order it?

Paul

Paul, I believe I ordered Monday. I'm not upset about the time in transit, I just didn't like that they said it would be here at a given time and they didn't come through. I'm a little biased working for UPS. Our tracking, although not perfect, updates shortly after any scan so I guess thats what I expected from them. I tracked it again a few minutes ago and it still shows delivery scheduled for today. When I called, and they tried to pass the blame to your shipping department it kind of pissed me off. She hadn't even looked it up yet and she was already laying down the "its not our fault" groundwork. I know things sometimes get screwed up in shipping. Packages are misrouted, loaded on the wrong truck, etc.. I just wanted them to own up to it. What wrong with saying " I apologize, but it looks like we accidentally routed it to Seattle. Sorry for the inconvenience but you should have it by Friday"?
As it turns out, I didn't need it this evening anyway. I spent the evening grinding, welding and plating my frame at the steering box. That little project is proving to be about twice as much work as I expected. I hope it does show up tomorrow though. I need to clearance my Power steering pump bracket for the hose on the extreme duty pump I ordered and I don't want to start grinding until I can mock it all up.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
FWIW I've had good service with the OnTrac shipping on my orders from WH. I live on a dirt road in the sticks and they don't seem to have any trouble finding the place. No clue whether its always a different driver, as I'm at work during the day. I get home from work the day after ordering something from WH, and voila there it is sitting by my front door.