• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild horses Delphi pump question

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I am tinkering around with the idea of switching over to hydroboost brakes. I have the Wildhorses HD Delphi Saginaw pump. It does have a green painted threaded bolt with a nut on it and was wondering if this was a pre tapped high pressure line or something else. I know I can "T" the return line without a problem, but trying to figure out the high pressure side for the brakes. Here's a ;ink to the pump.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/HD_Delphi_Pump_w_Vbelt_Pulley/Bronco_HD_Delphi_Steering_Pumps

I am also going to eventually go to a ram assist steeriing. Can this pump support all three units?

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Isn't threaded high pressure and push on low pressure? Call wild horses would be my suggestion, every time I have called with a stupid question they have been great.

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Hi Kyle, the green bolt just holds the can to the pump. There is only one hi pressure port in the pump. As for the return using a T is the easy way and works 98% of the time. Run it like this.

-----return from steering box----T----to pump

Run the return from the box straight through the top of the T with the hydro coming in from the bottom. Hope that makes is clear.

The pump should be able to power all you want to do RAM, P/S, and hydro.

Have fun!

OP
OP
Kyle.malone

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Hi Kyle, the green bolt just holds the can to the pump. There is only one hi pressure port in the pump. As for the return using a T is the easy way and works 98% of the time. Run it like this.

-----return from steering box----T----to pump

Run the return from the box straight through the top of the T with the hydro coming in from the bottom. Hope that makes is clear.

The pump should be able to power all you want to do RAM, P/S, and hydro.

Have fun!

Thanks for the reply! Looks like hydroboost is in my near future especially with the atlas coming in the next couple of weeks (thanks again for getting that ordered for me too)