• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Where to find low cost reliable C4 Rebuild in D/FW area

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
Can anyone recommend a low cost and reliable C4 rebuilder in the Dallas, Denton or Fort Worth area? Mine is about ready, and I got a quote today of $1100. That seems way high as I have read on here of people getting them done for $450. Please advise. - Thanks

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I suspect mine is nearing the end of its days too.

What about a TCI or similar tranny??? - they seem reasonable in the Summit catalog - you'll already have the correct adapter and bellhousing... Fresh C4 for about $600 or $700 (assuming you use your old torque converter). This version says it can handle up to 300hp. For another $200 there's a 450hp version

Seems like you'd want to avoid the retail tranny shops if you want a budget build.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
are you taking the trans in to them or are they pulling it. that has alot to do with the price.

79driver

For what its worth i got a C6 done here in stephenville for $600 they pulled it and reistalled too. Go by the shops in your area and take a look, ask them a bunch of questions ect. You should be able to pick out the good ones from the bad.

PsYcHoBrOnCo

Loc.
Fort Worth, Tx
For what its worth i got a C6 done here in stephenville for $600 they pulled it and reistalled too. Go by the shops in your area and take a look, ask them a bunch of questions ect. You should be able to pick out the good ones from the bad.

x2, on searching out a good shop....now days a decently priced reputable shop is hard to come by. Here is a contact of local shop we have done business with at my work. Mind you, I have never had any personal work done by this trans shop but thru the years we have used them for small job's and had sucess. Good luck.

Moses Trans 817-332-6415

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I'm in the same boat as you. In researching a C4 build, I called Eagle and they wanted $900-1100. I'm not quite sure about their rep. though. I called the Transmission Shop in Plano and they wanted $475-725 depending on any upgrades, with a 6 mo. warranty. I called Broader Performance in Weatherford and they wanted around $500?? or so with a 12mo. warranty. He seemed to know about the EBs and was willing to chat on the phone about my needs.

OP
OP
Bilgamesh

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
Ed's in Arlington just quoted $870 to remove and install, w/24 mo. 24,000 mi warranty. That still seems a little high, but they were recommended by another EB owner. Still shopping!

OP
OP
Bilgamesh

Bilgamesh

Loc.
Pilot Point, TX
Does anyone know what the difference is between a basic rebuild as opposed to a full rebuild, and what the criteria are for the latter. I am a little leary of driving in for a basic rebuild and walking out with a much larger price tag. I would appreciate any experience or expertise. - Thanks