• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what am i not seeing??

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
im replacing all the floor pans and floor supports from behind the seats foward.i know there will be some fitting needed. my problem is it seems the stock support behind the driver and passanger seats is too tall.when i installed the new supports and floor pan foward ,the new pans drop off at an angle.like the new parts are too short .i had to lift the very back of the bronco body 3 inches to level out the floor.the farther foward i go the worse it gets!!! am i not seeing somthing?? do diffrent year models have more or less drop??? ill take some pics and post them. any advice guys???

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are the body mounts new, or at least in good shape? That would have an effect like you're saying. Not sure what else.

Are you doing both sides at the same time? If so, maybe something is tweaked and this allowed things to flex too much.
More questions than answers, but I'll be interested to see your pics and hear what others think.

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
bronco-kid

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
thanks for the fast reply!! all new body bushings.my only answer woul be a bent frame .but its bent the wrong way for the problem i have.

Attachments

• moutain pics 001.jpg
    moutain pics 001.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 69
  • moutain pics 002.jpg
    moutain pics 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 72
  • moutain pics 003.jpg
    moutain pics 003.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68
  • moutain pics 004.jpg
    moutain pics 004.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 67
  • moutain pics 005.jpg
    moutain pics 005.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 62

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, lots of work. Good pics too, thanks.

What about where you have the jackstands? With all that body work disconnected, you can get lots of flex in things. Maybe there's a support issue?

Paul

OP
OP
bronco-kid

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
got the jack stands under the axels. didnt think the frame was that flexy.been at this all day .ill put them on the frame tomarrow if you think that will make a diffrance.its the first one ive taken this far apart.i made the mistake of not replacing panel by panel .i took it ALL apart.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I haven't looked at a stock one closely, but I notice in your 2nd pic that you put your new floor on TOP of the cargo area panel. Would it help level it out if the new floor was UNDER the cargo deck lip? Did you keep any of the old metal to compare to the new?

OP
OP
bronco-kid

bronco-kid

Loc.
roanoke
im hoping someone will point out something silly that i did wrong.is the stock one on top or below the cargo area??? that may give me a little ,but it seems im about an inch too high in the middle.was thinking about taking out the body support to get it all level. thanks steve!!! thanks donk!!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If the stands are under the axles, I would think that would be fine. Probably the best in fact, as it spreads things out among three (or four?) separate points per side, rather than just two.
So now I'm not sure which way to go.

It certainly can get more flexy as the body is taken apart and dynamics change, but the frame is the stiffest point, and you're supporting it exactly where it would be when on the ground fully put together.

I suppose if you've got some spare time, it can't hurt to experiment, but now I'm not sure it'd make any difference
Hmm, you can probably even test that theory by simply standing up top there with a couple of your burliest friends and seeing if it changes.

Paul

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Hard for me to judge in pictures, but you didn't brace everything properly when you tore it apart. I believe the cowl/dash has shifted forward on you spreading the door opening. Make sure the frame is level both ways then level the floor supports. You basically cut the whole thing in half and now trying to put it back together. With just the top holding it together, everything has moved on you. Good luck.