• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Welding exhaust pipe?

broncodan1

?:?
Hey, I put in a BC shock hoop, now I gotta reroute
my exhaust.The mufflers are almost right up against
the shocks! The ? is, is it difficult to weld this pipe?
or would I be better off takin' it to the muffler shop?
I'm an amateur welder,but will try it!
Thanks,
Dan ?:?

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd give it a shot. I welded mine back together with my MIG. Be sure and don't weld to hot or you'll hole it. I put it together and tacked it at the bottom where I could get to it. Then I started at the top and worked my way down one side. I then worked my way down the other . Wasn't real pretty, but it worked great. I say go for it.

Blue71

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA
I'm all for trying new things but it won't cost that much to has a shop fix it. Then you know you won't have an exhaust leak or anthing. It shouldn't take them even an hours laber depending on what needs to be done to move the exhaust.